Grading printouts are out!

General discussions about ratings.
David Gilbert

Grading printouts are out!

Post by David Gilbert » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:03 pm

One of the most brilliant days of the year! The grading printouts are out! Okay I'm easily excited!

I've just remembered why I pay to be an ECF member! Worth every penny if only for this day every year!

And what a great half-day off work! Didn't know whether to watch the England game or count my grading points - okay I watched the football , but...........so electrifying!

I know it's not a final list but with only two of my 118 games missing it's not going to change that much.

Good news (for me) is that I'm up seven or eight points, but the bad news (for me) is that I'm over the 140 mark and rules me out of the U-140 event in Sheffield in 2011. I'll have to change my holiday plans and go the second week!

Ian Thompson

Re: Grading printouts are out!

Post by Ian Thompson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:00 pm

David Gilbert wrote:Good news (for me) is that I'm up seven or eight points, but the bad news (for me) is that I'm over the 140 mark and rules me out of the U-140 event in Sheffield in 2011. I'll have to change my holiday plans and go the second week!
I wouldn't change anything if I was you. If you've played some juniors then no-one yet knows what their final grades will be, so your grade may yet go down a bit.

It's interesting that mine shows the results of games that went into the January 2010 rapidplay list, so I now know what grades were used for juniors, compared to their published rapidplay grades (so my speculation in January was correct):

1. Junior A - Published grade July 2009 - 203; Published grade Jan 2010 - 206; Grade used in calculation of my grade - 181
2. Junior B - Published grade July 2009 - 224; Published grade Jan 2010 - 212; Grade used in calculation of my grade - 208

David Gilbert

Re: Grading printouts are out!

Post by David Gilbert » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Ian Thompson wrote:
David Gilbert wrote:Good news (for me) is that I'm up seven or eight points, but the bad news (for me) is that I'm over the 140 mark and rules me out of the U-140 event in Sheffield in 2011. I'll have to change my holiday plans and go the second week!
I wouldn't change anything if I was you. If you've played some juniors then no-one yet knows what their final grades will be, so your grade may yet go down a bit.
I've played four juniors all season - with 116 games under my belt, it'll take a huge increase/decrease in their grades to make even a negligible dent.