Page 1 of 34

When is the new grading list coming out?

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:54 am
by James Toon
Is there a date for the publication of the new grading list yet?

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:45 pm
by Howard Grist
There is no definitive date as yet, but I expect it will be available on July 23rd.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:10 pm
by David Haydon
is there some sought of provisional list available yet?

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:25 pm
by Howard Grist
No. You will have to wait until July 23rd (or thereabouts)

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:26 pm
by Carl Hibbard
The weekend of the 21st/22nd is sort of the plan but this depends on Richard Haddrell who is really doing all the hard work as usual...

Before the British starts is the only real date to be relied upon!

I will post something here when I begin work on turning it live on the web site and then again when it is live

Cheers
Carl

Grading

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:02 am
by Gavin Strachan
After this date, you will get the complaints about grading anomolies. Usually on the lines "My grade only went up by 20 points, I'm better than this!" or "By my calculations my grade should be at least one point more than the system implies! How disappointing, bang goes the IM norm". No one complains if it goes down, they usually say "Yes! i can enter a lower section of most congresses having been stuffed in the higher sections last season".

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:03 pm
by Carl Hibbard
In progress since I now have the file, at least my grade has gone up!

Publication tomorrow (Saturday...) sometime probably

Cheers
Carl

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:14 pm
by Carl Hibbard
The new 2007 list has gone live - hope that your grading is what you wished for?

Cheers
Carl

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:42 pm
by James Toon
Carl, thanks very much for your hard work in getting the list out so promptly.

I played nearly 50 games and my grade is exactly the same. Oh well...

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:21 pm
by Carl Hibbard
James Toon wrote:Carl, thanks very much for your hard work in getting the list out so promptly.

I played nearly 50 games and my grade is exactly the same. Oh well...
Richard, Howard, the grading team and all the grading officers do all the hard work all year, the web site publication is a very minor part

Your thanks are still appreciated though!

Cheers
Carl

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:14 pm
by Dean Madden
Thanks to everyone involved.

Pleased with my first grade of 50.

My first grade!

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:16 pm
by Kevin Sawers
Dean Madden wrote:Thanks to everyone involved.

Pleased with my first grade of 50.
I'll add my thanks to Dean's - I also got my first grade and I now feel like a proper chess player! One full year of competitive playing behind me and I'm looking forward to building on things next season. Bring it on!

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:25 pm
by Dean Madden
I don't know why they had to fix the errors so quickly, my grade has gone even lower now :)
Kevin Sawers wrote:
Dean Madden wrote:Thanks to everyone involved.

Pleased with my first grade of 50.
I'll add my thanks to Dean's - I also got my first grade and I now feel like a proper chess player! One full year of competitive playing behind me and I'm looking forward to building on things next season. Bring it on!

Re: When is the new grading list coming out?

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 pm
by James Toon
Same question as last year. Is there a date for the new grading list yet?

Re: When is the new grading list coming out?

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:56 pm
by Carl Hibbard
James Toon wrote:Same question as last year. Is there a date for the new grading list yet?
Again as per last year sometime before the British is the current suggestion although I do have to make some minor changes before it will go live - nothing much...