Grade File Checker

General discussions about ratings.
Michael Flatt

Re: Grade File Checker

Post by Michael Flatt » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 am

Steve Emmerton wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 pm
Nothing wrong with my Windows 10 installation and I have encountered the same problem when attempting to run it on several other Windows 10 machines. I have also run it with the Excel installed box both checked and unchecked.
What about the data file that you are running through the checker?

I'd recommend passing your data file to an ECF grader who has a working BCF Checker to see whether they can successfully process the file, or recreate your error message.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Steve Emmerton wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:01 pm
Does anybody else have the same problem that I am experiencing? I am running a 64Bit Windows 10 system and when I run my Excel grading file (generated by the League Mgt System) through the grade checker program I keep getting "Error 91 - Object Variable Or With Block Variable Not Set". When I run the same Excel file through the grade checker program on a Windows XP or Windows 7 system it works like a dream. I should add that the Windows 7 and Windows XP systems were 32Bit so I am wondering if that could be the problem. Unfortunately I do not have a 32Bit Windows 10 system that I can test this on.
I have no problem with Checker on 64 bit Windows 10. I find it a good tool, as its error, warning and informational messages are all generally clear and useful. You seem to have hit a condition that the authors haven't anticipated, and the software can't handle, and is falling over.

It would be useful if the authors of the software gave a little information on the technology that it is built with. Various articles (e.g. https://www.compuchenna.co.uk/runtime-error-91/) suggest issues with corrupted/incompatible VBA runtime installations (specifically DCOMCnfg.exe) and .NET installations, as common sources.

(The first time I used Swiss Mangler, I had to single step it in Visual Studio, to find out wtf it was trying to do, as it breaks so many Windows UI and localisation conventions, but Checker, although clearly aged, appear to do things more or less as they are meant to be done. Nevertheless, if you have some technical skills, try single-stepping, to see where it is going wrong.)

Steve Emmerton

Post by Steve Emmerton » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Problem solved !! Howard Grist, the author of the program, suggested that I delete the 2 .INF files as they are re-created when you run the program. Did this and everything now working ok.