Greece...and other Global issues

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
David Pardoe

Greece...and other Global issues

Post by David Pardoe » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Well, the Greek Gov has been re-elected... a vote of confidence, perhaps..

Can they get out of that huge debt mess...?

They apparently are hoping to re negotiate there debts with those creditors..?

Anyone see any hopes of serious progress on that front.. or are we heading for another Greek meltdown, followed by the final Euro exit..?

My experience of these creditor groups is they usually adopt a totally uncompromising approach, and squeeze every last dime out of there victims..

But have the Greeks got a trump card, with all that credit they have secured... Of course, they still have to push through some very painful reforms..
BRING BACK THE BCF

John McKenna

Re: Greece...and other Global issues

Post by John McKenna » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:34 pm

David, your timing is a bit off.

There are two World Cups on at the moment!

Are you trying to distract us back to reality from those distractions?

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:58 pm

No...
Enjoy...

I`m no rugby fan... but have followed the Tennis and soccer...and other sports events, which, I agree do help lighten the global gloom.
What, with all those migrants and assorted travellers swarming across the EU borders, various economic woes, global warming, environmental issues, and our world fish stocks being diminished big time... the news is not great just now.

My question was about Greece, which is but one issue, which threatens to burst back onto the scene shortly, if my reading is correct. To ask what people thought/knew regarding possible outcomes.
Can the Greek Gov take on the mighty war lords to whom the debts are due...?
What likely outcomes does the panel see to this.....
BRING BACK THE BCF

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Never mind Greece (though I am glad Syriza were re-elected) what about....erm.......unusual....practices with pig heads?? :?: :D
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Before answering can anyone tell me what these 'unusual' practices were? I ask principally because it strikes me that any practice with a pig's head is unusual - but then, so was Mozart's musical ability.

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:36 pm

That alleged "unusual practice" certainly adds another dimension to the title of a famous novel. In Lord of the Flies, the eponymous Lord is a pig's head on a stick .... !!
"The chess-board is the world ..... the player on the other side is hidden from us ..... he never overlooks a mistake, or makes the smallest allowance for ignorance."
(He doesn't let you resign and start again, either.)