Page 1 of 1
Someone in Central London?
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:31 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
Hello.
I need someone in central London to talk to ask the director of Everyman chess, Mr. Dan Addelman, for me.
Re: Someone in Central Lonndon?
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm
by John McKenna
It has been said, "there are 8 million stories in the naked city".
What you need is a literary agent to represent you - not some sap or other plucked at random.
Re: Someone in Central Lonndon?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:07 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
John McKenna wrote:It has been said, "there are 8 million stories in the naked city".
What you need is a literary agent to represent you - not some sap or other plucked at random.
I don't know anyone in London (Even on this site that anyone must participate with his real name]. So I cannot get a representative with full authority. So s/he can just as the publication questions, not to represent me
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:09 am
by John McKenna
Then what you are seeking is called a go-between or an honest broker - such people are in very short supply these days. There are probably almost no such amateurs left - they've all retired or turned professional and become what are called 'lobbyists'. I fear you will not find a volunteer, not here at any rate. Adieu.
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:09 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
John McKenna wrote:Then what you are seeking is called a go-between or an honest broker - such people are in very short supply these days. There are probably almost no such amateurs left - they've all retired or turned professional and become what are called 'lobbyists'. I fear you will not find a volunteer, not here at any rate. Adieu.
So what did you expect? I cannot trust a dis-honest broker to make binding agreements with Dan Addelman (the Everyman chess guy) on my part. Can I?
I think it's best that someone interested, proposes an offer, instead of just hitting the no button.
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:01 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
And you can tell me How can I compensate for your efforts since we have no such a job in Iran, as far as I know.
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:01 pm
by John McKenna
You are what used to be known here as a petitioner or supplicant.
You could try starting a petition.
All can offer is a supplication -
رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
Farewell!
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:40 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
Sorry?
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:50 pm
by John McKenna
soheil_hooshdaran wrote:Sorry?
I'm sorry too, Soheil. I'm
very sorry...
You're sorrier than I am?
But
I am sorry as well.
I am as sorry as you are, Soheil.
Don't say that you are more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are.
So we're
both sorry, alright?
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:10 am
by Brian Towers
John McKenna wrote:soheil_hooshdaran wrote:Sorry?
I'm sorry too, Soheil. I'm
very sorry...
You're sorrier than I am?
But
I am sorry as well.
I am as sorry as you are, Soheil.
Don't say that you are more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are.
So we're
both sorry, alright?
You are Nick Clegg and I claim my £5!
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 pm
by John McKenna
Not quite right, Brian, I couldn't be such a sorry person as Nick - nobody could, not even Ed M, Ed B or any of Scottish Labour after what just happened.
However, since in 2010 I did tactically vote Libdem - little did I know how low they'd go to get a taste of power - I will buy you a standard £5 pint, or beverage of your choice, if/when you're next in London (at the Classic, perhaps). That's the best I can offer as I have no plans to revisit the Holy Land since I have lost all the hope that I had when I was there before around the time of the Barak-Arafat rapprochement.
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:09 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
John McKenna wrote:soheil_hooshdaran wrote:Sorry?
I'm sorry too, Soheil. I'm
very sorry...
You're sorrier than I am?
But
I am sorry as well.
I am as sorry as you are, Soheil.
Don't say that you are more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are.
So we're
both sorry, alright?
Good that at least you are OK
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:11 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
OK I want someone to ask them for me why have they not answered me yet. Any one? Please tell me how to compensate your trouble...
Re: Someone in Central London?
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:40 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
John McKenna wrote:soheil_hooshdaran wrote:Sorry?
I'm sorry too, Soheil. I'm
very sorry...
You're sorrier than I am?
But
I am sorry as well.
I am as sorry as you are, Soheil.
Don't say that you are more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are.
So we're
both sorry, alright?
Why are you teasing me?