Page 1 of 1

I've got a system

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 pm
by Matthew Turner
Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet? :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html

Re: I've got a system

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm
by Clive Blackburn
Surely this story should have been published a day earlier on April 1st? :roll:

Re: I've got a system

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Matthew Turner wrote:Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet? :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
It's you?!? :shock:

Oh, hang on, late 1960s? I thought you said late 1990s. My mistake... 8)

Was Bill Hartston at the Candidates Tournament? I thought I saw him, though there were so many chess IMs and GMs and journalists and assorted others around that it was hard to move an inch without falling over someone you recognised, and that was even before seeing team-mates and people I knew there. I think I even saw Kirsan there again on the last day.

Does the system work?

Re: I've got a system

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 pm
by David Robertson
No

Re: I've got a system

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 pm
by Simon Brown
My system works better. And I won £600

Re: I've got a system

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:35 pm
by Nick Thomas
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:
Matthew Turner wrote:Chess Master and Cambridge alumnus (from the late 60's) comes up with dodgy investment idea. Can you guess who it is yet? :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horser ... inner.html
Does the system work?
Yes.

(Company marketing department + willing, and possibly well paid, mathematician) x dodgy frivolous equation = cheap publicity :(