Page 1 of 1

Tosca

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 pm
by Warren Kingston
Thought I would let the world know that my wife and I are going to see Tosca at the ROH in July. Can not wait!!

Re: Tosca

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm
by Phil Neatherway
Next July, my wife and I have tickets for a day of Ashes cricket at Trent Bridge.

Forumites are invited to say who they are more envious of and why!

Re: Tosca

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 pm
by AustinElliott
Warren Kingston wrote:Thought I would let the world know that my wife and I are going to see Tosca at the ROH in July. Can not wait!!
Phil Neatherway wrote:Next July, my wife and I have tickets for a day of Ashes cricket at Trent Bridge.

Forumites are invited to say who they are more envious of and why!
That might rather depend on the weather at Trent Bridge. And the length of the queue for the bar.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm
by PeterTurland
Warren Kingston wrote:Thought I would let the world know that my wife and I are going to see Tosca at the ROH in July. Can not wait!!
For my last year's Christmas present, my daughter took me to see La Boheme, mainly because I have never been to a live opera before, and have always had a deep pleasure from good singing.

The Korean soprano Elena Dee completely blew me away.

A microphone what is that for?

Re: Tosca

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 am
by Warren Kingston
Have seen England at Trent Bridge already, been there done that.

E lucevan le stelle ...
ed olezzava la terra
stridea l'uscio dell'orto ...
e un passo sfiorava la rena ...
Entrava ella fragrante,
mi cadea fra le braccia.

O! dolci baci, o languide carezze,
mentr'io fremente le belle forme disciogliea dai veli!
Svanì per sempre il sogno mio d'amore.
L'ora è fuggita, e muoio disperato!
E muoio disperato!
E non ho amato mai tanto la vita,
tanto la vita!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en- ... 6urNGBR95w

Better than Botham!!

Re: Tosca

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 am
by AustinElliott
Talking of Tosca, I'm partial to Vissi d'arte, myself.

A meditation on life's tragic ironies... a topic no chess player who has ever ball-sed up a really good game with one dire move should be unfamiliar with.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 am
by Phil Neatherway
Warren,

I have also seen England at Trent Bridge - in 1981 against Australia. That was the match we lost in that famous series.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:33 pm
by Warren Kingston
Saw a England play a one day game against Zimbeerway?? Rhodesia??at Trent Bridge.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:39 pm
by Warren Kingston
Phil, try and beat this then.

I saw Roscoe Tanner serve at Centre Court at Wimbledon.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm
by Kevin Thurlow
Bob Geldof stood on my foot at Gatwick Airport. More polite was Frew McMillan, who held a door open for me at the Royal Albert Hall.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 am
by Warren Kingston
Frew, did he wear the flat cap or was he the other one?

Re: Tosca

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 am
by AustinElliott
Warren Kingston wrote:Frew, did he wear the flat cap or was he the other one?
The flat (white) cap. The other half of the partnership was Bob Hewitt (big, bearded, balding).

Re: Tosca

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 pm
by Phil Neatherway
Warren,

I haven't been to Wimbledon but I am going to the Masters at the O2 next month.

Re: Tosca

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:26 pm
by Warren Kingston
AustinElliott wrote:
Warren Kingston wrote:Frew, did he wear the flat cap or was he the other one?
The flat (white) cap. The other half of the partnership was Bob Hewitt (big, bearded, balding).
If I remember rightly, they were funny and moody in the same breath?!

Re: Tosca

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm
by Warren Kingston
Phil Neatherway wrote:Warren,

I haven't been to Wimbledon but I am going to the Masters at the O2 next month.
Seen the Boat Race, we want to go to The grand National next, money permitting