Page 1 of 1

The Comic Strip Presents

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:14 pm
by MJMcCready
Hi there, for the first time in a few years, I've started watching The Comic Strip Presents. It really is a hidden gem but from what I remember, it wasn't all that popular when it was being shown (I could be wrong there). Does anyone have a favourite episode or actor. I like the Bad News ones, they are very funny. Currently watching Detectives on the edge of a nervous breakdown -very funny!

Re: The Comic Strip Presents

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:47 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
I recall it well, and the series certainly had its moments.

Re: The Comic Strip Presents

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:07 pm
by Reg Clucas
"A Fistful of Travellers' Cheques" is a classic.

Re: The Comic Strip Presents

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 pm
by MJMcCready
Ah yeah, that's a good one.

Re: The Comic Strip Presents

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:33 am
by John Clarke
The Strike has to be my favourite - merciless skewering of Hollywood cliches and attitudes to movie-making. The first Bad News one and the Famous Five parodies are quite good too.

Re: The Comic Strip Presents

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:06 am
by MJMcCready
Just watched it -absolute classic.