What to do with lottery numbers?

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
MJMcCready

What to do with lottery numbers?

Post by MJMcCready » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:20 am

If you were at an old shrine, and spirits from the after world contacted you there giving you lottery numbers, would you go and place a bet or buy some tickets? Let's say you do but the spirits who spoke to you went and gave you the wrong lottery numbers, would you return and smash their shrine up to get revenge for your loss of time and money?

Someone did. But to be fair, if I were going to smash up a shrine I would have to have a very good reason, and being given the wrong lottery numbers is right up there if you ask me. But I would do it whilst sober and not drunk, like the man in the story did. I mean of all the things to go wrong at a shrine, it had to be that! Those spirits stitched him up proper! That aside, what would you assess the FIDE rating of the person in question to be? Based on his logic and calculation skills, I think he might be a GM.

https://www.77kaoded.com/news/diawkongsin/2318069

MJMcCready

Re: What to do with lottery numbers?

Post by MJMcCready » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:57 pm

No one is going to comment and that's not surprising. I found that article and the many threads attached to it to be so funny, maybe I should have kept it to myself and not posted.

Joey Stewart

Post by Joey Stewart » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:44 am

I guess the forum must just be lacking in fluent readers of sand script or whatever language that website is written in, kind of makes sense a ghost would screw you over though - every time you ever hear stories about them they are going round haunting or possessing people so it's safe to assume they don't much like the living.
Lose one queen and it is a disaster, Lose 1000 queens and it is just a statistic.

James Plaskett

Post by James Plaskett » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:46 pm

MJMcCready

Post by MJMcCready » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:55 am

Thanks James, that's a rather intriguing blog you have there. Going on the original post, I am assuming its not the case that in your long career you never followed suit, went to a shrine, heard voices from beyond the grave offering advice over your opening repertoire, put them into practice OTB and lost as a result, then returned to the same shrine and smashed it up?

James Plaskett

Post by James Plaskett » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:34 pm

Oh every day that happens!

MJMcCready

Post by MJMcCready » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:02 pm

he he, good man. Keep up the fighting spirit.