Fuel Panic Idiots

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
John Upham

Re: Fuel Panic Idiots

Post by John Upham » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:23 pm

Simon Rogers wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:41 pm
Average fuel prices have hit 1.49.30. per litre and are expected to go above 1.50 per litre. A new high, due to the Ukraine crisis. Whether this will lead to a new fuel panic, I don't know.

What generally leads to panics at the forecourt, on supermarket shelves, on the beaches and on the landing grounds is discussion (such as this) that there is no panic.

As soon as politicians claim that there are no shortages then there will be shortages. Perhaps I am making things worse by contributing!

I defer to my colleague, Clive Dunn in this matter who, on several occasions told us that "They don't like it up 'em" as well as not to panic.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Simon Rogers

Re: Fuel Panic Idiots

Post by Simon Rogers » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:15 pm

John Upham wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:23 pm
Simon Rogers wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:41 pm
Average fuel prices have hit 1.49.30. per litre and are expected to go above 1.50 per litre. A new high, due to the Ukraine crisis. Whether this will lead to a new fuel panic, I don't know.

What generally leads to panics at the forecourt, on supermarket shelves, on the beaches and on the landing grounds is discussion (such as this) that there is no panic.

As soon as politicians claim that there are no shortages then there will be shortages. Perhaps I am making things worse by contributing!

I defer to my colleague, Clive Dunn in this matter who, on several occasions told us that "They don't like it up 'em" as well as not to panic.
Sorry John, I didn't mean for it to encourage people to panic. I've been a bit busy with items and not been able to send you the website addresses yet.
I'll do that as soon as I have chance.