Film Quotes

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:10 pm

I could be wrong but for most part we seem to have much more time on our hands than usual these days. So here goes, here's a quote from a film. First person to guess the film correctly should add a film quote themselves.

"There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window."

And the film is?

Gareth T Ellis
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by Gareth T Ellis » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:47 pm

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

What about ?

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm

One of the few memorable quotes from an overrated film known as Blazing Saddles I think. Quite a hard film to watch, a bit like 2001: A Space Odyssey, never did know what all the fuss is about.

What about; 'We're going to need a bigger boat.

Neil Graham
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:30 am

MJMcCready wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm
One of the few memorable quotes from an overrated film known as Blazing Saddles I think. Quite a hard film to watch, a bit like 2001: A Space Odyssey, never did know what all the fuss is about.

What about; 'We're going to need a bigger boat.
Jaws.

"Non!"

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 pm

Okay, a bit harder then:

'Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.'

John Upham
Posts: 5170
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: Film Quotes

Post by John Upham » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:00 pm

MJMcCready wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 pm
Okay, a bit harder then:

'Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.'
Easy : Black Beauty
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Neil Graham
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by Neil Graham » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm

MJMcCready wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 pm
Okay, a bit harder then:

'Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.'
Obviously you are ignoring my quote above "Non!" So what film is that from??

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm

John Upham wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:00 pm
MJMcCready wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 pm
Okay, a bit harder then:

'Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.'
Easy : Black Beauty
Definitely not that, still known as the only x-rated film to win awards.

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:54 pm

Neil Graham wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm
MJMcCready wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 pm
Okay, a bit harder then:

'Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.'
Obviously you are ignoring my quote above "Non!" So what film is that from??
I didn't know that was a quote. A bit more context is needed as one word is a bit tough.

John Upham
Posts: 5170
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: Film Quotes

Post by John Upham » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:48 pm

MJMcCready wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm
Definitely not that, still known as the only x-rated film to win awards.
That gives it away : Midnight Cowboy with Angelina Jolie's Dad and The RainMan
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 pm

What about 'I'm going to sit in the car and whistle Rule Britannia'.

Paul Cooksey
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by Paul Cooksey » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Neil Graham wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm
Obviously you are ignoring my quote above "Non!" So what film is that from??
Unfortunately having been tricked by the previous quote we cannot consider any Marcel Marceau films.

Every self respecting member of generation X knows that
MJMcCready wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm
We're going to need a bigger boat.
is from Clerks, where the line from Jaws "You're going to need a bigger boat" is misquoted.

Nick Grey
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Film Quotes

Post by Nick Grey » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:14 pm

"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

Neil Graham
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by Neil Graham » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:53 am

Paul Cooksey wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 pm
Neil Graham wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm
Obviously you are ignoring my quote above "Non!" So what film is that from??
Unfortunately having been tricked by the previous quote we cannot consider any Marcel Marceau films.

Every self respecting member of generation X knows that
MJMcCready wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm
We're going to need a bigger boat.
is from Clerks, where the line from Jaws "You're going to need a bigger boat" is misquoted.
You obviously know the answer - "Non!" was the only word spoken in the film! :)

User avatar
MJMcCready
Posts: 1991
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: Film Quotes

Post by MJMcCready » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:28 am

I have no idea of what it is. Papillion?

Post Reply