Andrey Filatov interview
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:22 pm
Some interesting comments in an interview with Andrey Filatov in this Chessbase article:
http://en.chessbase.com/post/andrey-filatov-speaks
"I don’t think chess should be an official lesson. It’s up to the parents to decide: where there’s a will, there’s always a way to develop chess in extra-mural groups and additional educational courses. It shouldn’t be part of the mandatory program – that shouldn’t be the aim."
[...]
"What is the situation with respect to holding the world crown match in the USA?
The talks were suspended when the USA imposed the sanctions on Kirsan Ilyumzhinov. No agreement has been reached so far and the final decision will be made in March. But I hope the world championship will take place in the USA and that Kirsan Ilyumzhinov will hand the award to the world champion."
[...]
"I met with Kirsan Nikolaevich recently. He is now concluding his legal affairs and, at the next presidential council in March in Moscow, he will recount what his advocates have done and what steps they have taken. And, most likely, he will return to his post. And I will definitely raise the question of Ilyuzhimov telling about the state of his affairs, so that we can vote for his return to the post of President and continue working to the benefit of chess."
Later in the interview, Kramnik(!) is mooted by the interviewer as a possible FIDE President.
http://en.chessbase.com/post/andrey-filatov-speaks
"I don’t think chess should be an official lesson. It’s up to the parents to decide: where there’s a will, there’s always a way to develop chess in extra-mural groups and additional educational courses. It shouldn’t be part of the mandatory program – that shouldn’t be the aim."
[...]
"What is the situation with respect to holding the world crown match in the USA?
The talks were suspended when the USA imposed the sanctions on Kirsan Ilyumzhinov. No agreement has been reached so far and the final decision will be made in March. But I hope the world championship will take place in the USA and that Kirsan Ilyumzhinov will hand the award to the world champion."
[...]
"I met with Kirsan Nikolaevich recently. He is now concluding his legal affairs and, at the next presidential council in March in Moscow, he will recount what his advocates have done and what steps they have taken. And, most likely, he will return to his post. And I will definitely raise the question of Ilyuzhimov telling about the state of his affairs, so that we can vote for his return to the post of President and continue working to the benefit of chess."
Later in the interview, Kramnik(!) is mooted by the interviewer as a possible FIDE President.