London Chess Classic rapidplay
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
London Chess Classic rapidplay
About two hundred GMs, website promising live games over the weekend, just in case anyone had thought of doing any work... 
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
I don't suppose there will be many actual surprise results in round 2 either, but there should be some much better games.
He says, to no one in particular.
He says, to no one in particular.
-
NickFaulks
- Posts: 9290
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
How about Coleman Lenderman?Jonathan Rogers wrote:I don't suppose there will be many actual surprise results in round 2 either
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
We have one early surprise in the win by Barbican regular David Coleman v Lenderman - goodness, that was quite one way traffic 
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Unfortunate blunder in Thompson v Hawkins. David Howell struggling to break Adam Taylor.
-
NickFaulks
- Posts: 9290
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Luke in difficulties.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Instructive to see David doing it, though.
-
Richard Bates
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:27 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Yes one feels that losing the ending took quite a lot of hard work!Jonathan Rogers wrote:Unfortunate blunder in Thompson v Hawkins. David Howell struggling to break Adam Taylor.
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
David Coleman, 2/2 and the highest TPR today, does not make the live boards now!
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Anyway, time for a game. Pick five players for 5/5 today, and see who gets the most.
I'll name Sadler, Bauer, Hawkins, Hammer, Jones
Er, but you've got to enter pretty quickly.
I'll name Sadler, Bauer, Hawkins, Hammer, Jones
Er, but you've got to enter pretty quickly.
-
Andrew Bak
- Posts: 835
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:48 am
- Location: Bradford
- Contact:
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
William Young (1712) beaten a 2102 and a 2207 to go on to 2/2 and be downfloated to former FIDE World Champion Rustam Kasimdzhanov!
-
Mick Norris
- Posts: 11402
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
- Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
I would have guessed the in-form Bok, but not sure he's going to survive an encounter with Loz CooperJonathan Rogers wrote:Anyway, time for a game. Pick five players for 5/5 today, and see who gets the most.
I'll name Sadler, Bauer, Hawkins, Hammer, Jones
Er, but you've got to enter pretty quickly.
Ghasi seems excellent at Rapidplay
Any postings on here represent my personal views
-
Jonathan Rogers
- Posts: 5152
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Happily no one else enteredJonathan Rogers wrote:Anyway, time for a game. Pick five players for 5/5 today, and see who gets the most.
I'll name Sadler, Bauer, Hawkins, Hammer, Jones
Er, but you've got to enter pretty quickly.
I wonder whether Sadler had problems with Summerscale in the mid-1990s: he lost to him in the British in 1997 at the least, and I thought I could recall other defeats, but maybe they were all inflcited by Chris Ward. Anyway... that sort of game explains why people don't resign at rapidplay!
-
John Moore
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
Carl Strugnell has 3 out of 3! But if you believe Chess Results he has a rapid play rating of 2482. Amazing.
-
Richard Bates
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:27 pm
Re: London Chess Classic rapidplay
God knows what Bxh7 was all about! I wonder if he hallucinated and thought the rook was on g1?Jonathan Rogers wrote:Happily no one else enteredJonathan Rogers wrote:Anyway, time for a game. Pick five players for 5/5 today, and see who gets the most.
I'll name Sadler, Bauer, Hawkins, Hammer, Jones
Er, but you've got to enter pretty quickly.![]()
I wonder whether Sadler had problems with Summerscale in the mid-1990s: he lost to him in the British in 1997 at the least, and I thought I could recall other defeats, but maybe they were all inflcited by Chris Ward. Anyway... that sort of game explains why people don't resign at rapidplay!