Page 1 of 1

Arbiter Scandal in Mongolia

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:28 am
by David Sedgwick
The FIDE Arbiters' Commission reports a scandal in Mongolia. A recently appointed International Arbiter has been stripped of his title after two of his norms were found to be spurious.

Otherwise, the penalties imposed seem to me to be very lenient, although the Arbiters' Commission Disciplinary Subcommittee felt constrained as the infractions took place prior to the Disciplinary Regulations for Arbiters coming into force. I wait to see whether the Ethics Commission will take additional action.

I have uploaded the files. (Source: http://arbiters.fide.com/, then click on the link.)

David Sedgwick
ECF Manager of Arbiters (International)

(Edit: The ECF Forum allowed me to upload the files in a zipped folder. This Forum didn't allow that for some reason.)

Re: Arbiter Scandal in Mongolia

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:45 am
by Roger de Coverly
David Sedgwick wrote: (Edit: The ECF Forum allowed me to upload the files in a zipped folder. This Forum didn't allow that for some reason.)
I'd guess that shows the ecforum has stronger security settings than the official one. A zip file could contain malicious content.

Is the arbiter in question in any way related to the UK based arbiter of a similar name?

Re: Arbiter Scandal in Mongolia

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:19 am
by David Sedgwick
Roger de Coverly wrote:Is the arbiter in question in any way related to the UK based arbiter of a similar name?
That is an interesting question to which I don't know the answer.

Re: Arbiter Scandal in Mongolia

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:33 am
by Carl Hibbard
Roger de Coverly wrote:I'd guess that shows the ecforum has stronger security settings than the official one. A zip file could contain malicious content.
Not strictly true as anything can be dangerous but yes I only allow a limited list of file types.

Re: Arbiter Scandal in Mongolia

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:16 pm
by Brian Towers
Interesting that the Swiss-manager program and the associated Chess-results.com site appear to be regarded as definitive.