Page 1 of 1

Adams qualifies for World Cup

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:45 pm
by Roger de Coverly
FIDE has published the list of ratings to determine qualifiers for the Baku World Cup.

Adams qualifies again behind So but ahead of Svidler.

http://www.fide.com/component/content/a ... -list.html

There's a complex rule which links playing in the World Cup to automatic qualification for the next Candidates.

Re: Adams qualifies for World Cup

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 am
by Andy Stoker
Thank you for this link.

A quick count suggests 17 different nationalities in the top 23 players ... if I had the time, I'd compare this with previous years - but it's a greater number than I would have expected

Re: Adams qualifies for World Cup

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:20 am
by Mick Norris
More info and a longer list of the players currently qualified, here

Baku World Cup 2015