Page 1 of 1

Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 am
by Mick Norris
Mickey Adams, Aronian, Vachier-Lagrave, Mamedyarov

http://www.bilbaomastersfinal.com/

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 pm
by Mick Norris
Mickey drew with Mamedyarov in round 1 then beat MVL on time in round 2 - other games drawn, so he is in the lead (football scoring being used, so he has 4 points)

I can't find a safe link to the live games, my computer doesn't like the one on the official website

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:05 pm
by LawrenceCooper
Mick Norris wrote:Mickey drew with Mamedyarov in round 1 then beat MVL on time in round 2 - other games drawn, so he is in the lead (football scoring being used, so he has 4 points)

I can't find a safe link to the live games, my computer doesn't like the one on the official website
Mickey drew with black today against Aronian whilst MVL beat Mamedjarov. I've been following the games on http://chessbomb.com/site/ along with various other events.

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:38 pm
by Mick Norris
Thanks

Mickey up to number 10 in the live ratings
http://2700chess.com/

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:42 pm
by LawrenceCooper
LawrenceCooper wrote:
Mick Norris wrote:Mickey drew with Mamedyarov in round 1 then beat MVL on time in round 2 - other games drawn, so he is in the lead (football scoring being used, so he has 4 points)

I can't find a safe link to the live games, my computer doesn't like the one on the official website
Mickey drew with black today against Aronian whilst MVL beat Mamedjarov. I've been following the games on http://chessbomb.com/site/ along with various other events.
Another solid draw in a difficult black against Mamedjarov, MVL-Aronian is a crazy position.

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:54 am
by Mick Norris
Aronian won, interesting game

All the games so far are available here:
http://www.theweekinchess.com/chessnews ... sters-2013

Scores are - Adams/Aronian 6, MVL 4, Mamedyarov 3

Today's games: Adams - Aronian, Mamedyarov - MVL

Tomorrow's games : Aronian - Mamedyarov, MVL - Adams

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:20 pm
by Mick Norris
LawrenceCooper wrote:
Mick Norris wrote:Mickey drew with Mamedyarov in round 1 then beat MVL on time in round 2 - other games drawn, so he is in the lead (football scoring being used, so he has 4 points)

I can't find a safe link to the live games, my computer doesn't like the one on the official website
Mickey drew with black today against Aronian whilst MVL beat Mamedjarov. I've been following the games on http://chessbomb.com/site/ along with various other events.
Thanks for the link

Mickey's game against Aronian underway, no need to shut down the Forum though :wink:

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 pm
by Mick Norris
Mickey stood slightly better I thought when I stopped watching, but he lost in the end

Standings - Aronian 9, Adams 6, MVL 5, Mamedyarov 4

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:20 am
by Mick Norris
Mickey beat MVL with black in the final round :)

Aronina drew to win with 10 points, Adams 9, the others got 5 each

Re: Bilbao Masters 7 to 12 October 2013

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:18 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Chessbase report here:

http://www.chessbase.com/Home/TabId/211 ... 31013.aspx

I've given up (for now) trying to keep up with all the postings on this forum... (far too many over the weekend for some reason).