Page 1 of 1

Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2025 11:26 am
by Keith Arkell
I managed to keep up my record of scoring 100%, or close to 100%, in Senior tournaments on the continent, by winning the 93 player Marienbad 50+ with 8.5/9, two points clear of the field.

I also won the Open Rapidplay (6/7) and the Open Blitz (9/11).

I’m highly motivated this year to get my chess into the best possible shape for an assault on the World and Euro Senior (65+) titles next year.

I’ll never forget how you guys on here supported, and even sponsored, my successful bid to win the Euro Senior (50+) 11 Years ago ( which I followed by finishing 1-2 in the World Senior at the end of that year, just losing out on Buchholz).

Re: Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2025 11:57 am
by Mick Norris
results

Well done Keith :D

Blitz

Rapid

Re: Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2025 12:24 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Mick Norris wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 30, 2025 11:57 am
results
Tim Spanton was there as well.

https://beauchess.blogspot.com/2025/01/age-concern.html
https://beauchess.blogspot.com/2025/01/ ... lazne.html

He notes that the Seniors attracted more entries than the Open.

Re: Marienbad, 18-25 January 2025

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2025 3:57 pm
by Kevin Thurlow
Well done Keith. Not bad for an old fella!