Carlsen resigns on move 2

The very latest International round up of English news.
Keith Arkell

Re: Carlsen resigns on move 2

Post by Keith Arkell » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:06 am

All hail King Hans - trashes a hotel room and gathers even more fans. What strange times we live in!

I'm forcibly reminded of the Al Capone story: They couldn't get him for his gangster stuff, so the got him on tax evasion instead.

Geoff Chandler

Post by Geoff Chandler » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:02 pm

I imagine his bedroom, mouse, keyboard and monitor also takes a bit of hammering as well. Someone has put together a video of his best moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfLNNyz7sPw

Paul Heaton

Post by Paul Heaton » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:29 pm

Paul Heaton wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:13 pm
Hans’ YouTube videos seem to show the Gherkin in the background. So far as I could tell the traffic seemed to be driving on the left too, and the blackboard in the restaurant he went to had prices in £. Is he living in London now? Transferring his registration to the ECF really would be a coup.
To answer my own question, now chess & bridge post a photo of him shopping in their store on Baker St. On his videos he talks about making plans for filming in the London apartment on what sounded - to me- a long term basis.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:20 pm

My view of Niemann was and remains that if he really is a cheat*, there would have been more obvious giveaways by now.

(* I mean at top level classical chess, we all know he cheated online as a junior - so have loads of other people and it proves nothing conclusive)
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 pm

Magnus-Hans in Titled Tuesday just now, decided by a mouse slip but still a game with plenty of interest.

https://www.chess.com/events/2024-title ... _Hans_Moke