website
standings after round 5
I think Matthew's live rating is currently 2494.5 having been as high as 2495.8 (but I've been wrong about this lots of times
Tim Spanton is playing in the Seniors and as always is giving a round by round account of his games as well as "tourist" observations.Mick Norris wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 8:59 pmBad Woerishofen may not feature on our radar, but the 2nd seed is Matthew Wadsworth
A win in round 6 takes him to 2491 + 7.6 (according to chess-results) with 3 rounds to go. He plays the number one seed tomorrow, I believe that a draw would leave him on 2499.4.Mick Norris wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 8:59 pmBad Woerishofen may not feature on our radar, but the 2nd seed is Matthew Wadsworth
website
standings after round 5
I think Matthew's live rating is currently 2494.5 having been as high as 2495.8 (but I've been wrong about this lots of times)
Chess-results is showing that Matthew lost in round 7LawrenceCooper wrote: ↑Wed Mar 26, 2025 6:14 pmA win in round 6 takes him to 2491 + 7.6 (according to chess-results) with 3 rounds to go. He plays the number one seed tomorrow, I believe that a draw would leave him on 2499.4.Mick Norris wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 8:59 pmBad Woerishofen may not feature on our radar, but the 2nd seed is Matthew Wadsworth
website
standings after round 5
I think Matthew's live rating is currently 2494.5 having been as high as 2495.8 (but I've been wrong about this lots of times)
2494.4 + 1.9 + 4.4 = 2500.7 using the FIDE rating calculator: https://ratings.fide.com/calc.phtml?page=changeLeonard Barden wrote: ↑Thu Mar 27, 2025 9:17 pmIt seems that if he beats the 2240 the highest available final round pairing would be a 2446, and even 2-0 then would be insufficient to reach 2500. Can somebody confirm whether this is so?
Fingers crossed, I guessed this would be the pairingLawrenceCooper wrote: ↑Fri Mar 28, 2025 6:48 pmRound 9 on 2025/03/29 at 10:00
Bo. No. White Rtg Pts. Result Pts. Black Rtg No.
1 4 IM Garifullina, Leya 2446 6½ 6½ GM Grigoryan, Karen H. 2549 1
2 17 FM Ohler, Julius 2300 6 6½ GM Santiago, Yago De Moura 2466 3
3 2 IM Wadsworth, Matthew J 2491 6 6 IM Parvanyan, Ashot 2391 11
4 9 GM Wirig, Anthony 2421 6 6 FM Arnold, Max 2346 14
I believe a win for Matthew would take his live rating to 2499.9 which would round up to 2500. Easier said than done, though.