How to become a Fide Master by playing The Sniper

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
Charlie Storey

How to become a Fide Master by playing The Sniper

Post by Charlie Storey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 am

Hi guys – I am Fide Master Charlie Storey the author of The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] –
I would like to share with you how I acquired my Fide Master Title simply by playing ‘The Sniper’.
I always loved playing ‘fianchetto’ Systems when I was in my twenties as the lure of a great King Side Attack in The Kings Indian, or a fantastic exchange sacrifice in the Dragon, but in my thirties I realised it was too easy for players with good memories as they would win clinical theoretical duals and my memory was just average. I looked for another soloution and was inspired by Tigers Modern to search for another way to create new ‘fianchetto theory’. I experimented with all Systems with g6 Bg7 c5 against anything and was surprised to find not only was it sound but nearly all World Champions played the Sniper! I played it in the British Championships and scored 4/4 with The Pure Sniper securing my Fide Master Title. It didn’t stop there – I was invited to become England u 16 Olympiad Coach my top board student defeated Armenias top board a Grandmaster. The Sniper was incredible. I contacted Everyman Chess and they agreed to do the book and I revealed 95% of my secrets within it. After completion of the book I visited some chess sites to promote The Sniper and was ashamed to be called a chess player after suffering some very cowardly ‘Cyber Abuse’ from some sections of the Chess Community. I did not let it deter me and after some very heavy online promotion The Sniper became a household name with all good chess players – I had made a very interesting contribution to Chess Opening Theory. I was invited to a Simultaneous at Hull City Football Club and then decided to work on a Sniper DVD Master Pack which was 4 DVDs (6 hrs) of Sniper Theory for 2012 with 2 bolt on DVD’s called ‘Winning The Won Position’ and ‘Sniper Endgame Strategy The 10 Principles’ I started selling them at my e bay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Chess-DVD-Shop ... upplies-UK

and as a direct Download

http://www.charliechess.com/Download.html

and was delighted to see people were buying them and giving excellent feedback upon my efforts to make it entertaining, informative and original. After seeing the success of The Sniper and after 4 years of being immersed in Black Opening Theory I began to research The White Sniper – I approached Foxy Openings – the World Leader in Chess Video to see if they would be interesting in having a DVD on The White Sniper they did and it became the introduction to The White Sniper Manual which is now complete and available as a book manual or a .pdf download from my download site. But I didn’t stop there The WHITE SNIPER MASTER PACK 2012 was born which is 8 Hours of DVD exclusively on The White Sniper and is also available as a Download. Well guess what, I now have a range of some excellent chess educational products and I present them all for you to view here. One final thing I play regularly on ICC in the 5-0 Pool exclusively playing Snipers such that I can use the games for my monthly Sniper update which is £3 for 1 month and you can view all previous months’ content – superb value! Here is all of product range just in case you do not wish to go to the download page

which is worth a look in itself as you may want to upload some good educational products.
Title Product Type Price
The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] Book £13
The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] E-Book £9.99
The Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD £59.99
The Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD via a download £59.99

White Sniper Foxy DVD 80 Minute DVD £14.99
The White Sniper Manual 580 Page Book £39.99
The White Sniper Manual - PDF 580 pages) £24.99
The White Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD via a download £59.99
The White Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD £59.99

The Sniper Monthly Update Website Access £3.00
3 hour Sniper Blitz Match at ICC Internet Training £99.99
2 Hour Sniper Analysis of your games. E mail feedback £99.99

I also offer Sunday Sniper trainning at £20 an hour 10-4 p.m. £100

Treat yourself to Sniper Mastery

Merry Christmas and Happy New - The Sniper Chief.
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com

Geoff Chandler

Re: How to become a Fide Master by playing The Sniper

Post by Geoff Chandler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi Charlie.

You are going about this all wrong.

Pay a handful of GM's to play The Sniper.
And when their 2600+ grade has dropped to 2300 claim it is solid proof
that playing The Sniper will get you a grade of 2300! :wink:

Good Luck

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Geoff

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:45 am

I recently defeated GM Lev Aronian with The Black Sniper so I guess if I can beat The World Blitz Champion in the ICC 5-0 Pool I have proved withoubt doubt that The Sniper is awesome!

Here's how you can do it.

Charlies Sniper Chess Coaching £100 for 5 x 1 Hour Sessions or £25 per 1 hour session.

Q: How Can I contact you?
A: You can contact myself by email [email protected], or locally by phone. Also you can contact me through the World Childrens Chess Acaemy Facebook page of which I am a Police CRB checked trustee.

Q: How do I pay for my 1 hour online Sessions?
A: Lessons are mainly paid for in advance, online through PayPal or if you see me in person by cash.

Q: How long are Sessions?
A: Sessions are usually an hour long, but can be longer if requested for example cobine 2 x sessions together is popular each week - then practice the learned material for a week then I give feedback.

Q: Can I book more than one session in advance?
A; Yes you can book more than one session in advance pay £100 and get 5 x 1
hour sessions rather than just 4. Payable in advance - Diary is flexible to suit you

Q: Are sessions structured to a specific program?
A: Sessions can be structured if needed, but you can tailor make your session to how you want it - organic training, if you want to look at a certain opening based on The Sniper then I am the World Authority and rest assured you will get great support and value for your money.

Q: What software do I need to have sessions with you?
A: You will need Skype (this is a free piece of software for free telephone calls - even invite a friend if you wish!) this is how online sessions will be conducted, it could be advantageous to have an onlin chess playing account such as Internet Chess Club www.Chessclub.com

Q: How good do I need to be?
A: Chess is like any subject to Master - I will show you the best way with clear priciples and agreed none supervised tailored homework drills.

Q: How much detail do you analyse your games when you do a games analysis?
A: Games analysis will be done in simple priciples. I will describe in words what I think is going on and hthe principles involved with weighted emphasis.

Q: Are you cleared to work with children?
A: Yes I am I have had police checks done, and can be seen and confirmed if requested. As some of my work is coaching in the schools, police checks have had to be done in order for me to work. I have taught at Kings School Tynemouth for 12 Years, organise many community North East Chess Clubs and was England u 16 Olympic Chess Coach 2008/09

Q: Do you coach in certain working hours (e.g. 9am - 5Pm)?
A: No I don't work specific hours and can be as flexible in order to meet your sessions, even if you live in a different time zone (not GMT).

Q: What happens if I need to ask you some difficult chess questions?
A: I will answer them to the best of my ability and try to give some examples into explaining my answers.
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Jonathan Rogers

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:06 pm

[quote="Charlie Storey"] ...

I also offer Sunday Sniper training at £20 an hour 10-4 p.m. £100 ....

Is it really possible to hold a six hour coaching session? :shock:

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 am

I have enormous experience coaching in groups and 1-1 and I can indeed communicate effectively for 6 hours and give an excellent boost to your current chess skills.

I can even do some weekdays now - contact me in confidence on [email protected] to arrange a program.
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Simon Rogers

Post by Simon Rogers » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:13 pm

I don't know much about the Sniper. Is there a book published by Everyman Chess on The Sniper.
Who invented The Sniper?

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm

Simon Rogers wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:13 pm
I don't know much about the Sniper. Is there a book published by Everyman Chess on The Sniper.
Who invented The Sniper?
Canadian GM Lawrence Alexander Day.

He coined the name "The Pterodactyl" to describe it.

See https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1037617 for example

However, Charlie has increased the use of the c5 and g6 idea to use it in a wider range of situations.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:15 pm

John Upham wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm
However, Charlie has increased the use of the c5 and g6 idea to use it in a wider range of situations.
The moves g6 Bg7 and c5 are common to a number of openings and "the Sniper" can transpose to something more orthodox. Charlie's idea is often to flick in .. Bg7xc3 (Knight on c3) at an early opportunity. The resulting positions can be difficult to play, but some of the strongest players on the white side may have come close to finding refutations.

The book has some material about what to do if facing Simon Williams style stuff such as 1. d4 g6 2. e4 Bg7 3. h4 which is perhaps over dismissive. It might plausibly be rubbish and is according to the book, but potentially a dangerous hack with possible transpositions into lines regarded as more respectable.

Simon Rogers

Post by Simon Rogers » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:35 pm

John Upham wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm
Simon Rogers wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:13 pm
Who invented The Sniper?
Canadian GM Lawrence Alexander Day.

He coined the name "The Pterodactyl" to describe it.

See https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1037617 for example

Thanks John. I prefer the name "The Pterodactyl". I think Danny King mentioned it in the BBC4 programme How to win at Chess.
Why was it changed to Sniper?
I've seen a thread where Charlie claims all the credit for the opening.

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi Simon.
Read The Sniper book or Chessbase DVD so you can understand the difference between The Sniper and Teradactyl.
It is normally best to do some reseach before bloating out your opinion then a reader can take what you say more seriously.
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Simon Rogers

Post by Simon Rogers » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Charlie Storey wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:38 pm
Hi Simon.
Read The Sniper book or Chessbase DVD so you can understand the difference between The Sniper and Teradactyl.
It is normally best to do some reseach before bloating out your opinion then a reader can take what you say more seriously.
I'm afraid openings are not my strength. I thought the other Opening had a silent p .

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 pm

mean you guys you come on here....you have done nothing in chess and you think your comments carry any weight. Because you have a pop at organisers and Coaches in your keyboard warrior bubbles.
While I am out here developing chess in Malta you guys sit at home living with your mothers and spewing nonesense on a chess forum that atitude reeks of faliure, envy and low intellect. I am now going to leave this amazing Chess Forum for a few months as the Zombie Hoards start pushing toward me and well I am just going to be too busy. I meen come on....get a life......do something productive for chess. Ciao. The Sniper. Https://ChessServicesMap.com
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS