Page 1 of 1

FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm
by Alex Therrien
Hi,

I am a FIDE Master and chess coach with more than 5 years' teaching experience, and am always interested in speaking to new students.

I offer coaching online and in person in the Sussex area, and have a website, which contains articles for players of different levels, as well as blog postings about my chess experiences.

I am an experienced chess player who has played in the British Championship and other international competitions, and have beaten various strong players, including a Grand Master and multiple IMs.

To go to my website and get in touch with me, visit http://chesstutor.co.uk

Thanks,

Alex

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:51 pm
by John Upham
Alex Therrien wrote: My website is http://chesstutor.co.uk
Alex,

Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading? :lol:

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 pm
by Sean Hewitt
John Upham wrote: Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
He probably doesn't John, but I assume that your classes in sarcasm are still going strong? :lol:

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:36 pm
by John Upham
Sean Hewitt wrote:
John Upham wrote: Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
He probably doesn't John, but I assume that your classes in sarcasm are still going strong? :lol:
They are as popular as ever churning out top students every year : fancy enrolling?

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 pm
by Ian Thompson
John Upham wrote:
Alex Therrien wrote: My website is http://chesstutor.co.uk
Alex,

Do you offer coaching in spelling and proof reading?
This would be to help you with the Border League website?

"2011-04-04 : Minor changes made the size of the frame for the main site to take into modern day screen resolution." :lol:

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 am
by Geoff Chandler
Hi Alex.

Site looks OK to me, the lads are just joshing.

One thing though, the font is very light can it be darkened
light grey on white is not very inviting.

In the end I highlighted everything because I wanted to read it,
others, first time browsers may be put off.

Good Luck.

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 pm
by Alex Therrien
Thanks Geoff, very helpful. I'll try to sort it out.

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm
by John Upham
Alex Therrien wrote:Thanks Geoff, very helpful. I'll try to sort it out.
Apologies Alex for my sarcastic post. I was merely alluding to the incorrect domain in your post and couldn't resist!

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm
by Carl Hibbard
The URL looks right to me John, are you sure :wink:

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 pm
by John Upham
Carl Hibbard wrote:The URL looks right to me John, are you sure :wink:

Originally it was http://www.chesstutor.co.uk/ but it has been corrected.

Even my quotation of the error has been corrected but not by me.

On the other hand, phpMyAdmin is so easy to use even when hacking the db sitting behind phpBB! :lol:

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:19 pm
by Carl Hibbard
John Upham wrote:On the other hand, phpMyAdmin is so easy to use even when hacking the db sitting behind phpBB! :lol:
I never use phpMyAdmin as it's about the most targetted most insecure thing there is :roll:

Re: FIDE Master chess coaching

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:16 pm
by John Upham
Carl Hibbard wrote: I never use phpMyAdmin as it's about the most targetted most insecure thing there is :roll:
I was led to believe that was the Ford Escort, Mk. 3 or Vauxhall Astra. 1980s Fords were amongst the most targetted insecure thing there is apart from paranoid persons.