Page 1 of 1

Netherlands - England, Vlissingen oktober 1974

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:33 pm
by Ron de Haas
About a year ago I posted a request for Donner games played in England on the ECF. It worked, I received games which were till then unknown for me.

Now I have a specific question

In the teammatch played in Vlissingen (Netherlands) Donner played two games against Hartston, both games ended in a draw.

From this match is as far as I know no bulletin published

Till now I couldn't find the games in the Netherlands ( databases, newspapers, magazines, Library Max Euwe Center), so I have one option left. Trying to get in contact with Mr Hartston. Maybe he has the games in his personal archive.

I hope the members of the ECF could help me to get a (email)adress of Mr Hartston? Or forward this request to Mr Hartston

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Netherlands - England, Vlissingen oktober 1974

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:45 pm
by Gordon Cadden
You will have to rely on Bill Hartston. Games not recorded in the BCM, or the CHESS magazine.

Re: Netherlands - England, Vlissingen oktober 1974

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:51 pm
by Jonathan Bryant
I got him via Facebook a couple of years ago. Don't know if he's still there.

Re: Netherlands - England, Vlissingen oktober 1974

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:20 pm
by JustinHorton
Searching for William Hartston locates him.

Re: Netherlands - England, Vlissingen oktober 1974

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:15 pm
by Paul Buswell
Jonathan Bryant wrote:I got him via Facebook a couple of years ago. Don't know if he's still there.
Or c/o the 'Daily Express' I presume, where he is Beachcomber.

I wonder who won the last Anglo-Dutch match? As I recall the perpetual trophy was an extremely impressive model of a sailing ship (do correct me if I misremember) - who has it now?

PB