Here are a couple of the former :
Bent Larsen's Good Move Guide, Oxford University Press, 1982
The Penguin Book of Chess Positions by C.H.O'D Alexander, Penguin Books, 1973
Any more for any more?
Perhaps "Test your positional play" by Bellin and Ponzetto?Gavin Strachan wrote:Not sure that it is out of print but I did read a book on the middle game by Bellin and someone else which I found really useful, succinct and too the point and vastly improved my chess.
Shereshevsky may be a very talented writer, but his translator didn't even know English chess terms. The book could do with substantial editing.Gordon Cadden wrote:A book called "The Soviet Chess Conveyor" by Mikhail Shereshevsky, published in Sofia, Bulgaria, 1994 (english language). Chess book reviewers seem to have overlooked this outstanding book.
Very hard to find a second-hand copy. Shereshevsky is a very talented writer.
I'd like to obtain a copy of this book. Can anyone help?Bent Larsen's Good Move Guide, Oxford University Press, 1982
I own a copy of the paperback edition.Jon Manley wrote:I'd like to obtain a copy of this book. Can anyone help?Bent Larsen's Good Move Guide, Oxford University Press, 1982