Just to let you know, the BritBase games collection is now accessible* via the new user interface at chesspublishing.com ...
https://www.chesspublishing.com/databas ... d=explorer
This feature is (and will remain) completely free to use. You don't need a chesspublishing subscription or account to access it.
The main advantages of accessing BritBase via the new user interface are:
(1) you get more games. It's what I call 'BritBase Plus' as it includes games which aren't currently available from the existing site (mainly because they don't form part of a specific event or player collection). So, for example, you can find many county and club games which I have collected.
(2) the user interface is a big improvement on what I have to offer at BritBase.info - it allows sophisticated searching, filtering, has an engine analysis facility, etc.
The existing BritBase will continue exactly as now, featuring added value in the form of tournament crosstables, results, reports, old bulletins and historical material, and with frequent updates.
* P.S. I may have jumped the gun slightly with this announcement as I'm told not all users may be seeing the new chesspublishing site, depending on their internet service provider. I personally can see the new site but others may not. Apologies to anyone who may have been puzzled by this but, rest assured, the new site should be visible to you within hours.
BritBase now accessible via chesspublishing.com interface
- John Saunders
- Posts: 2170
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Kingston-upon-Thames
- Contact:
BritBase now accessible via chesspublishing.com interface
Personal Twitter @johnchess
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
-
Geoff Chandler
- Posts: 3827
- Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 pm
- Location: Under Cover
- Contact:
Re: BritBase now accessible via chesspublishing.com interface
Appears to work fine John. Messed about with it, everything OK. Successfully as an experiment downloaded all Scotch games in Britbase, No idea what I'll do with them...the last one on record was played by our own Roger de Coverly at Kenilworth last year. ( a draw).
- John Saunders
- Posts: 2170
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Kingston-upon-Thames
- Contact:
Re: BritBase now accessible via chesspublishing.com interface
Thanks for checking it out, Geoff. It should be fully disseminated across the web by now.
One thing to note is that BritBase+ on ChessPub won't be updated as frequently as BritBase on the 'mother site'. So, though it will have more games overall, in the shape of county, club and miscellaneous games as described in my first post, it won't have new/amended games that are added and edited on an almost daily basis on my site until a periodic update is applied, probably three or four times a year.
One thing to note is that BritBase+ on ChessPub won't be updated as frequently as BritBase on the 'mother site'. So, though it will have more games overall, in the shape of county, club and miscellaneous games as described in my first post, it won't have new/amended games that are added and edited on an almost daily basis on my site until a periodic update is applied, probably three or four times a year.
Personal Twitter @johnchess
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)
Britbase https://www.britbase.info
(I prefer email to PM - contact me via this link - https://www.saund.org.uk/email.html)