Page 1 of 1
London Boys' Championships
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2025 3:29 pm
by John Upham
Richard James, has, on behalf of
BCN, written a second Minor Piece on the London Boys' Championships:
https://britishchessnews.com/2025/03/06 ... onships-2/
I should add that the first part may be found at
https://britishchessnews.com/2024/12/24 ... onships-1/
Re: London Boys' Championships
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 8:10 pm
by Gerard Killoran
A photograph of Clement Bruning, another shoo-in candidate for the chess rogues' gallery.

- Black shirt and smoking beagles _ the biography of Wilfred Risdon.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1421 times
Re: London Boys' Championships
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2025 6:40 pm
by Gerard Killoran
I think I've found a chess player with an even worse character than Bruning, but how true is this report?

- The Washington Reporter - 14 August 1926 page 5.png (326.33 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Re: London Boys' Championships
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2025 8:15 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
There have been sporadic rumours that Herr Schicklgruber was interested in chess, but not much that can actually be pinned down.
(in that respect he is more like Stalin than Lenin - the latter *was* a genuine fan of the game)