Page 1 of 1
British Graded Championships
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:48 pm
by Alex McFarlane
I am currently working on the programme for this year's British but have failed to find the Graded Champions for 1999 and 2000. Can anyone help?
I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
Thanks!!
Re: British Graded Championships
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:06 pm
by E Michael White
2000
U 125 Kenji O Nicholas - I recently saw the cross table
from memory
2000
U150 Roger Hardy - this may have been a tie
U175 Geoff Sage
1996
C Dunlop - was probably Chris J Dunlop
Edit: 1999/2000 graded champs are here -
http://www.britishchess08.com/programme_08.htm
Re: British Graded Championships
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm
by Paul Buswell
Alex McFarlane wrote:I am currently working on the programme for this year's British but have failed to find the Graded Champions for 1999 and 2000. Can anyone help?
I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
Thanks!!
I suggest BCF ChessMoves, presumably with all back numbers held at the ECF office, is your best source.
PB
Re: British Graded Championships
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:03 am
by Mike Gunn
Alex, the last programme which listed graded champions omitted my name (joint winner U125 in 2006).
Re: British Graded Championships
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:30 pm
by Alex McFarlane
Michael - thanks for that. And the link - My search of the Internet failed to find that.
Paul - Had thought of something similar but those records don't always have the first name and mistakes seem to crop up (see Britchess for examples from yearbook). That is my fall back but I hope to get feedback from participants or clubmates of winners as well.
Mike - You'll be glad to know I already had you down as sharing with Nicholas Carding.
Again, thanks folks.
Re: British Graded Championships
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 pm
by Phil Makepeace
Alex McFarlane wrote:I'm also looking for first names for A Coupe (U125, 1996), C Dunlop (U100, 1996), D Flynn (U125 1998), J Clarke (U100, 1998)
A Coupe must be
Alan D Coupe. D Flynn is presumably
David Flynn. J Clarke could be
John W. Clarke of Brixham (probably most likely given the congress was held in Torquay),
John Clarke of Wigan or, less plausibly,
John L. Clarke of Margate who would have been ungraded at the time.
Re: British Graded Championships
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 pm
by John Ariss
Alex
The J.clarke you are looking for is John Clarke of Brixham chess club, I know this because I went for a drink with him after he won it !
