Page 1 of 1

Wijk Aan Zee, Master Reserves 1, 1980 - Result Missing?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:53 am
by Colin Patterson
In CHESS Magazine (April 1980,p. 154), I can find only a passing mention of the Wijk (42nd Hoogovens) 1980 Masters Reserves 1 event, won by Graham Lee of London.

There was nothing in BCM, and nothing that I could see online. And while Di Felice 1978-1980 had comprehensive results of the Masters Reserves 2 event, they had only the same vague mention of GD Lee winning the Masters Reserves 1.

Does anyone have any information? Leading scores would be sufficient. I don't need a full crosstable, although that would be nice.

Re: Wijk Aan Zee, Master Reserves 1, 1980 - Result Missing?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:07 pm
by John Upham
Colin Patterson wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:53 am
In CHESS Magazine (April 1980,p. 154), I can find only a passing mention of the Wijk (42nd Hoogovens) 1980 Masters Reserves 1 event, won by Graham Lee of London.

There was nothing in BCM, and nothing that I could see online. And while Di Felice 1978-1980 had comprehensive results of the Masters Reserves 2 event, they had only the same vague mention of GD Lee winning the Masters Reserves 1.

Does anyone have any information? Leading scores would be sufficient. I don't need a full crosstable, although that would be nice.
Colin,

I have checked with MegaBase 2024 and there are zero games listed from the 1980 event you refer to. The 1981 version is covered in detail and went less well for Graham.

Re: Wijk Aan Zee, Master Reserves 1, 1980 - Result Missing?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:27 pm
by Colin Patterson
Thanks for trying John. It seems a shame if the details are lost, particularly as this may have been Graham's best international result!