Hans Peter Rickman
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:30 pm
While searching for early games by P. C Gibbs I came across this example, with the following remark:
Which led me to https://philosophynow.org/issues/102/Pe ... _1918-2014
The game was probably played in a Woodhouse Cup match, which could have taken place in 1952.
The following game between P. C. Gibbs (Bradford) and Dr. H. P. Rickman (York) was entered for the I. M. Brown Brilliancy Prize, and described by the adjudicators as the best played game entered.
Which led me to https://philosophynow.org/issues/102/Pe ... _1918-2014
Rickman did play top board for York in the early Fifties, but was never Yorkshire Champion.For recreation Rickman enjoyed playing chess. I never saw him lose a game, and by all accounts in his younger years he used to be a Yorkshire champion.
The game was probably played in a Woodhouse Cup match, which could have taken place in 1952.