The Ken Whyld Association

Historical knowledge and information regarding our great game.
John Upham

The Ken Whyld Association

Post by John Upham » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:25 pm

Are there any members of this esteemed place who are also members of The Ken Whyld Association?

Anyone fancy hosting a British branch meeting? When was the most recent one on British soil?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Tim Harding

Re: The Ken Whyld Association

Post by Tim Harding » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:16 pm

John Upham wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:25 pm
Are there any members of this esteemed place who are also members of The Ken Whyld Association?

Anyone fancy hosting a British branch meeting? When was the most recent one on British soil?
The KWA was renamed the Chess History and Literature Society some years ago, though I don't think everyone was happy about the change.
I didn't pay my sub last year as the body has been somewhat moribund but I gather attempts are under way to reorganise it with new officers in which case I will rejoin,

The last UK meeting of which I am aware was in Norwich in April 2012. Several overseas members also attended over the weekend; there were about 30-40 people present including some wives and partners.

Speakers included Bernard Cafferty, Owen Hindle, Gordon Cadden and myself.
Tim Harding
Historian and FIDE Arbiter

Author of 'Steinitz in London,' British Chess Literature to 1914', 'Joseph Henry Blackburne: A Chess Biography', and 'Eminent Victorian Chess Players'
http://www.chessmail.com