Harold Godfrey Cole
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:58 am
Thanks to Britbase I found https://saund.co.uk/britbase/pgn/191208bcf-viewer.html a report on the 1912 British Championship, in which HG Cole finished second, a mere half point behind the winner. I don't know much about Cole, except for that result and he made one appearance in the GB - USA Cable Matches, and he played at Hastings in 1919. I also discovered that my Chessbase file of his games is a bit scrambled as I have him playing games in 1950, when he apparently died in 1922... Any snippets of information would be useful.
Interestingly though, at the conclusion of the 1912 British Championship, there was a match between the Championship players and the Major Open players, which the Major Open players won 6.5-5.5!
Interestingly though, at the conclusion of the 1912 British Championship, there was a match between the Championship players and the Major Open players, which the Major Open players won 6.5-5.5!