As some of you may be aware, there are problems with many game scores of one of the most important early English international tournaments.
None of the four (!) tournament books on Hastings 1895 are entirely reliable, nor any database (as I warned John Saunders of Britbase a while back).
Finally I am finding time to write up some of my findings in a series of articles on my website.
The introductory articles are up and also a discussion of the problem games in Round One was added today.
https://chessmail.com/history/Hastings1 ... index.html
This is probably not my final word on the subject but I am throwing it open for study and debate.
Hastings 1895
-
Tim Harding
- Posts: 2386
- Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:46 pm
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Contact:
Hastings 1895
Tim Harding
Historian and FIDE Arbiter
Author of 'Steinitz in London,' British Chess Literature to 1914', 'Joseph Henry Blackburne: A Chess Biography', and 'Eminent Victorian Chess Players'
http://www.chessmail.com
Historian and FIDE Arbiter
Author of 'Steinitz in London,' British Chess Literature to 1914', 'Joseph Henry Blackburne: A Chess Biography', and 'Eminent Victorian Chess Players'
http://www.chessmail.com