Page 1 of 1
Gone?
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 pm
by Michael Farthing
I have just noticed that the Forum menu item on the ECF Site is missing.
Has it died?
Re: Gone?
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:00 pm
by Carl Hibbard
It was due to close.
Either it was found to be toxic or it was hosted by 123reg the choice is yours.
Re: Gone?
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 pm
by Andrew Zigmond
If you follow the direct link it says that the forum is currently unavailable.
Re: Gone?
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 pm
by JustinHorton
That'd be good on a gravestone. "Currently unavailable."
Re: Gone?
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:02 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Andrew Zigmond wrote:If you follow the direct link it says that the forum is currently unavailable.
It's been made permanently unavailable.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-foru ... -director/
The forum was only ever a duplicate, but I don't really see "Ask the Director" as a substitute because the questions are not being asked in public.
Re: Gone?
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:07 pm
by Mike Truran
It's not meant to be a substitute. I would have thought that would be fairly obvious.
Is there any initiative on the part of the ECF that doesn't require some sort of sour jibe or criticism from you?
Re: Gone?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:23 am
by Bob Kane
Mike
Its part of an Initiative to remove public oversight and reduce accountability .
Re: Gone?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:44 am
by Michael Farthing
Public oversight is unchanged and is where it has always been. You have joined the public oversight now, Bob, and members of the Board are doing so too thereby aiding accountability. Paul Cooksey and David Fryer have, admittedly, lost the opportunity to add to public oversight, but they can quite easily regain it: I'm sure Carl will not begrudge them.
Re: Gone?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:51 pm
by Marcus Misson
Odd.
I don't recall any mention of the forum closing down on Saturday.
I don't mean as part of the agenda, but as smalltalk, gossip, in passing comment.
Mind you the Publicity Manager did talk about several other subjects.
Did I miss it?
Some might consider a meeting of chess reps from all parts of the country might have been an appropriate place to bring it up.
Maybe it wasn't deemed important enough to mention, we were pushed for time.
Re: Gone?
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:08 pm
by Michael Farthing
It had been announced on the ECF website that this was planned once other initiatives were up and running. Perhaps it was thought that shutting it down immediately before a Council meeting would be seen as stifling debate...