Page 1 of 3
Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:51 pm
by Mark Jordan
As English Chess Federation Publicity Manager my job is to positively publicise the work of the Federation, chess in England, and the activities of English chess players abroad. Whilst I try to keep up to date with whatever is going on I don't hear about everything and I would therefore appreciate posts alerting me to interesting events or achievements which I can then use as a basis for a piece on our website, Facebook or both or, perhaps, as material for news stories in the press or on other net platforms. I know there are problems as there always are but the emphasis here is very much on POSITIVE! I volunteered for this role because I have a life-long passion for chess and I want to contribute to it being presented in a positive light to the general public and actual or potential supporters, and to improve the environment in which chess is played at grass-roots and higher levels. So if you are sympathetic to these aims please send me positive news I can use!
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:09 pm
by Mick Norris
The Danny Gormally simul at Hebden Bridge - has this been on the ECF website?
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:47 pm
by Mark Jordan
Another simul following from the flood relief one? I did publicise that. If it's another send me details.
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:53 am
by Chris Rice
Danny analysing one of his games from the Hebden Bridge simul. Entertaining as always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8WSQx1 ... e=youtu.be
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:21 pm
by Mark Jordan
Thanks Chris!
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:58 pm
by Mark Jordan
Put the link to the Danny Gormally video on ECF Facebook.
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:22 pm
by Michael Bennett
Hi Mark. I have sent you a friend request on Facebook, and also FB messaged you.
Please check your FB 'Others' folder if the message hasn't come through!
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:17 pm
by Mark Jordan
Michael Bennett wrote:Hi Mark. I have sent you a friend request on Facebook, and also FB messaged you.
Please check your FB 'Others' folder if the message hasn't come through!
Picked up on this as you know. Many thanks!
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:20 pm
by Mark Jordan
Mick Norris wrote:The Danny Gormally simul at Hebden Bridge - has this been on the ECF website?
I put up a short piece and a link to the event on ECF FB on Sat 23rd January.
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:03 pm
by Mick Norris
Mark Jordan wrote:Mick Norris wrote:The Danny Gormally simul at Hebden Bridge - has this been on the ECF website?
I put up a short piece and a link to the event on ECF FB on Sat 23rd January.
I don't do Facebook, I know I am not the only one on here - I thought it would have been on the main ECF website
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:14 pm
by Mark Jordan
Quite a few people do look at the FB and, since I edit the profile myself, it is easy for me to put things up as and when I think it'd be of interest. There's quite a lot that does go on FB which does not appear on the website so it's worth checking it out. If all possible items were also on the website they'd disappear from the front page very quickly and would probably be missed by lots of the readers. I have to do a slightly different version of each article for FB or the website and I do not have editing rights for the latter so I have to send it to the office to be put up for me. Since I posted the article on a Saturday and it would not have appeared on the website until at least Monday it could be I decided I had to prioritise other things.
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:04 pm
by Gerry_Jepps
Why is there not a link to the Facebook page on the ECF home page? Have I missed it? Shouldn't be necessary to use Google.
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:16 pm
by LawrenceCooper
Gerry_Jepps wrote:Why is there not a link to the Facebook page on the ECF home page? Have I missed it? Shouldn't be necessary to use Google.
https://www.facebook.com/englishchess/
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:39 pm
by Gerry_Jepps
Indeed. But why isn't there a quick link on the home page?
Re: Contact the ECF Publicity Manager
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:02 pm
by Mike Truran
Should hopefully be sorted soon. Please let me know if not.
Ideally by PM or email.
