ECF AGM aftermath
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:34 am
Rather than continue the live coverage thread, or get too involved in the governance thread, I thought it might be an idea to have an 'aftermath' thread relating to the ECF AGM.
One point I noticed on the ECF website:
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/platinum ... entatives/
"Following the ballot of Platinum members, David Fryer and David Smith have been elected to serve as representatives for the class for 2015/16. These appointments take effect from the conclusion of today’s ECF Annual General Meeting."
Congratulations to them. Were the other member reps up for election?
Platinum: Peter J. B. Wilson, <vacant>
Gold: William Armstrong, Robert Thompson
Silver: John Wickham, <vacant>
Bronze: Angus French, <vacant>
[I see that, sadly, the Peter Wilson who was the Platinum rep was the same Peter Wilson who passed away recently, RIP.
]
That is from a page describing the pre-AGM status, so not sure if the Gold and Silver and Bronze member reps were up for election and whether they have changed or not.
I was going to post the full votes here, but I can't find them anywhere official yet.
One point I noticed on the ECF website:
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/platinum ... entatives/
"Following the ballot of Platinum members, David Fryer and David Smith have been elected to serve as representatives for the class for 2015/16. These appointments take effect from the conclusion of today’s ECF Annual General Meeting."
Congratulations to them. Were the other member reps up for election?
Platinum: Peter J. B. Wilson, <vacant>
Gold: William Armstrong, Robert Thompson
Silver: John Wickham, <vacant>
Bronze: Angus French, <vacant>
[I see that, sadly, the Peter Wilson who was the Platinum rep was the same Peter Wilson who passed away recently, RIP.
That is from a page describing the pre-AGM status, so not sure if the Gold and Silver and Bronze member reps were up for election and whether they have changed or not.
I was going to post the full votes here, but I can't find them anywhere official yet.