What Did Charles Wood Do?????????????

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Peter Turner

Re: What Did Charles Wood Do?????????????

Post by Peter Turner » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Charles W. Wood wrote:Thats where common sense has to prevail. There are also funds for "Joe average" under the Community Cohesion band. This is just as hard to find but with a bit of work it can be found, this means coaching staff working in everyday main stream schools can also take part and still put food on the table.
Not sure where common sense comes in. Local Authorities & Governments are not well known for using common sense, particularly when it involves spending tax payers money. A link for anyone worried about 'average Joe' and funding could check out Charles suggested Community Cohesion band on: http://www.communities.gov.uk/news/corporate/million1 I'd like to hear from anyone, including Charles, who has achieved funding for chess from this source!! It appears a most unlikely source to me.

Regards

Peter T

Charles W. Wood

Re: What Did Charles Wood Do?????????????

Post by Charles W. Wood » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Peter Turner wrote:
Charles W. Wood wrote:Thats where common sense has to prevail. There are also funds for "Joe average" under the Community Cohesion band. This is just as hard to find but with a bit of work it can be found, this means coaching staff working in everyday main stream schools can also take part and still put food on the table.
Not sure where common sense comes in. Local Authorities & Governments are not well known for using common sense, particularly when it involves spending tax payers money. A link for anyone worried about 'average Joe' and funding could check out Charles suggested Community Cohesion band on: http://www.communities.gov.uk/news/corporate/million1 I'd like to hear from anyone, including Charles, who has achieved funding for chess from this source!! It appears a most unlikely source to me.

Regards

Peter T
LOL Common Sense, that made me laugh, I meant from my end not Local Authorities.

Interestingly enough I didn't dip into this pot but into one that Social Services in Bradford have which is to help Pump Prime organisations that want to deal with the issues raised within Community Cohesion. That did get things moving for us, anyone who went to the Bradford Congress last year (08) where playing with boards, sets and clocks from that fund.

Other areas of funding can be found from bodies such as Cnet, Yorkshire Forward etc but the largest and easier road was Area Panels but the need to have a Local Councillor as your champion is the only way to get results.
Charles W. Wood
Captain of Legion