ECF Diaries
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:28 pm
One of the `bonuses` of the ECF membership is discounted diaries....
When are these likely to be distributed......
When are these likely to be distributed......
The independent home for discussions on the English Chess scene.
https://ecforum.org.uk/
Annually?David Pardoe wrote: When are these likely to be distributed......
It's only free if you're a Full Member, as opposed to a Standard member. In which case, it's a 15-month diary, and would have been distributed months ago.David Pardoe wrote:One of the `bonuses` of the ECF membership is discounted diaries....
When are these likely to be distributed......
When you say it would have been distributed months ago does that mean I should have had mine by now?Alex Holowczak wrote:It's only free if you're a Full Member, as opposed to a Standard member. In which case, it's a 15-month diary, and would have been distributed months ago.David Pardoe wrote:One of the `bonuses` of the ECF membership is discounted diaries....
When are these likely to be distributed......
If you have to pay for it, I'd imagine you'd actually need to send a cheque to the ECF and ask for one, or buy one via the online shop.
Hmm.David Pardoe wrote:I joined in November as a Standard member, and subscribed for the diary. I had assumed that I`d get the 2011 version, presumably starting with Jan 1st 2011...and hoping it would arrive prior to the new year?
Are these correct assumptions, if not, what should I expect....
The diary covers fifteen months from early October in the previous year. They usually arrive about that time. Mine came with a Hastings entry form. You are left with the conundrum as to whether to use the old one until it is finished or start the new one as soon as it arrives. When arranging an adjournment with another forum member in November last year, we both pulled out our ECF diaries and found ourselves using different years.ECF Website wrote: The many benefits of full membership include …
ChessMoves – the ECF bi-monthly news letter – by email
Reduced entry fees to some congresses
The ECF Yearbook
Discounts from chess retailers
15-month chess diary
John Upham wrote:Why not order one from a previous year that had the same day / date combinations and simply ignore the year? From MoneySavingExperts.Com....
They have plenty in stock from previous years judging from my visit to The Office.
I found another alternative - a mobile phone with a calendar function.LozCooper wrote:Ironically it's the first year I would have actually put the diary to use. I've never used one in the past but as i get older and my memory starts to fade I'd decided to start using one. Sod laws then that this is the first year that it apparantly went missing in the post