ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
John Upham

ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?

Post by John Upham » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pm

An event I am running in November aspires to become one which counts for the ECF Grand Prix.

I've read https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-che ... rand-prix/ more than once and remain unclear as to how I nominate my event for the GP.

Can anyone help?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

LawrenceCooper

Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?

Post by LawrenceCooper » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:40 pm

John Upham wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pm
An event I am running in November aspires to become one which counts for the ECF Grand Prix.

I've read https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-che ... rand-prix/ more than once and remain unclear as to how I nominate my event for the GP.

Can anyone help?
Contacting the e-mail address on that page [email protected] would be my suggestion.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:57 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:40 pm
John Upham wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pm

Can anyone help?
Contacting the e-mail address on that page [email protected] would be my suggestion.
I did more than that earlier today. I telephoned the ECF Office and was pointed to the above URL as the answer to my question was unknown.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:02 pm

The Grand Prix is a year-long individual competition based on rated standardplay and rapid congresses played in England and restricted to Direct Members of the Federation at Silver, Gold & Platinum levels (Junior included). All open congresses rated by the ECF are included, provided their rating results reach the ECF within one month of the last day of the congress (and in any case no later than 20th July). Leagues, knockouts, invitational events, team competitions, internal club competitions and matches are not included.
It would appear you don;t nominate the event, it just happens automatically
Any postings on here represent my personal views

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Mick Norris wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:02 pm
The Grand Prix is a year-long individual competition based on rated standardplay and rapid congresses played in England and restricted to Direct Members of the Federation at Silver, Gold & Platinum levels (Junior included). All open congresses rated by the ECF are included, provided their rating results reach the ECF within one month of the last day of the congress (and in any case no later than 20th July). Leagues, knockouts, invitational events, team competitions, internal club competitions and matches are not included.
It would appear you don;t nominate the event, it just happens automatically

Does this mean I can advertise and promote my event as being a constituent event of the ECF Grand Prix without asking anyone?

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:01 am

Mick Norris wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:02 pm
It would appear you don't nominate the event, it just happens automatically.
John Upham wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:07 pm
Does this mean I can advertise and promote my event as being a constituent event of the ECF Grand Prix without asking anyone?
I know little about this.

However, the way that I read it is that, when you submit your event for the ECF calendar, it will be shown as part of the Grand Prix if it qualifies for inclusion.

Once you have checked its status in the calendar, you can advertise and promote it accordingly.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:18 am

It turns out that my event is no eligible as although it is an open event it is a junior open event and there is no ECF Youth Grand Prix in 2022.

This is according to the DoHC.