Page 1 of 1
English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am
by Adam Raoof
There is now a
Twitter Feed at
http://twitter.com/ecfchess
and a
Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/English ... 641?ref=ts
These are both
unofficial pages until the full ECF board has had a chance to consider them, but in the mean time your comments as to whether either of these are useful or desirable are most welcome!
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm
by Paul McKeown
Adam,
If they are kept up to date and have sensible editorial policies to deal with what is and is not acceptable content, then I'm sure that they will be useful promotional tools.
Not that I will use them myself! Twitter I find a generally ghastly idea! Permanent non-information overload, warning: fuses failing, general paralysis of the (non-)information processing centres, overload, overload...
But good initiative despite my Luddism/self-preservation!
P.
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:44 pm
by Rob Thompson
I, however, will follow on twitter, as i am a regular user of it (though admittedly rarely with any real info

)
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:53 pm
by Alex Holowczak
Rob Thompson wrote:I, however, will follow on twitter, as i am a regular user of it (though admittedly rarely with any real info

)
I only got Twitter so that I could update my Facebook status from my 'phone. Facebook doesn't like my mobile phone company, it seems. I can just text Twitter, and install an app to get Twitter to update Facebook. Sort of cracking a nut with a sledgehammer, but it gets the job done...
Re: English Chess Federation Twitter Feed
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 am
by Ben Purton
I like twitter because I can abuse Coddington at work and also follow my company's updates which is funny.