Voting Register Location

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Michael Farthing

Voting Register Location

Post by Michael Farthing » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:07 pm

I have received a comment that the "Basic Voting Register" at the top of the Council Papers tab of the ECF website does not show the representatives for the member organisations. This is because the purpose of the list is to show the voting entitlement for the current year. Representatives and Proxies are normally published in a separate register specific to individual meetings.

This year that specific register is not included in the papers for the meeting but can be seen by clicking on the "Council Database" tab at the top of the page. From there the tab "Meeting Records" will bring up the voting register for the forthcoming meeting. This register is now no longer based on a paper document but reflects changes to the register made in real time. It can also be ordered on the column headings - so to order the entries by the number of votes organisations have clock on the word 'Votes' in the header line.

Members of Council have been notified of this in the Notice of Meeting, but I accept it is not very obvious to the general chess playing public. At the moment we are in the middle of Easter and the office is closed, but I'll see that clarification is added to the page as soon as it reopens.