Nominations 2021

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Chris Goodall

Re: Nominations 2021

Post by Chris Goodall » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:26 pm

Paul McKeown on LinkedIn wrote: Sep 2009-Present
FIDE Instructor (2021)
[...]
I also work with the national charity, Chess in Schools & Communities.
So if I'm lying to the forum, you're lying to the entire world. And you checked that lie this year and didn't correct it.

I have, of course, never called anyone a fawning lickspittle. As I thought I made clear, if you honestly believe that your summary of the ECF's decision was a study in neutrality, I will take your word for it, and conclude instead that you can't read.
Donate to Sabrina's fundraiser at https://gofund.me/aeae42c7 to support victims of sexual abuse in the chess world.

Northumberland webmaster, Jesmond CC something-or-other. Views mine. Definitely below the Goodall Line.

Paul Heaton

Post by Paul Heaton » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:24 pm

Chris Goodall wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:26 pm
Paul McKeown on LinkedIn wrote: Sep 2009-Present
FIDE Instructor (2021)
[...]
I also work with the national charity, Chess in Schools & Communities.
Yes I must confess I also looked at Paul’s LinkedIn profile with his use of the present tense and did not understand the dichotomy.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:23 am

Jonathan Bryant wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:09 pm
Paul McKeown wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:02 am
Chris Goodall wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:04 pm
For for 5 years, with for the other 7.
I have had no connection with CSC whatsoever for the past seven years.
I can't speak for the last three and a half years but I can for the three and a half before that. Paul had no connection with CSC during this time. Since I was responsible for managing the CSC programmes in schools in London at the time (except for Newham), I would have known.
Thanks, Jonathan. Although your confirmation should not really be necessary.
Jonathan Bryant wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:09 pm
Simply making stuff up about people - based on something you've found on the internet and misunderstood or for any other reason - and then calling people dishonest when they point out you are wrong is really no way not an acceptable way to behave.
[snip]...[/snip]
UPDATE:
I would have reported the original post from Chris Goodall but the system won't allow me to on the grounds that it already has been. I'm all for freedom of expression but I don't believe that should be allowed to extend to being free to invent and spread non-truths.
The problem is that the internet is full of conspiracy theorists with unlimited time to waste in their private research bunkers, feverishly chasing up "evidence" for their nonsense. It doesn't matter what their idée fixe is - climate change denial, antivaccine drivel, UFOs, birtherism, whatever - it doesn't matter. No matter how the truth is demonstrated, the f**kwit will attack the source of the evidence, deny the evidence, completely ignore the evidence, do some further futile googling, completely misunderstand what they have read, cherry-pick some phrase or other, ignore context, "just ask questions", do whatever they need justify their cretinous belief to themself.

This particular idiot's current hobby horse is attacking anyone who disapproves in any way of Mike Truran's conduct as CEO or his candidacy. To this end he smears those who have raised issues, attacking their motives and insists on seeing them as being some vast CSC centric conspiracy of secret handshakes. A rational person might think it all rather exhausting, and much easier simply to ask people what their motives are. Not this particular space cadet, though. The aliens are amongst us...

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:38 am

As for Chris Goodall, it must be sad to be you, to waste so much time on your pointless internet research, all of which has done nothing but demonstrate your supernal idiocy to the world, added f**k all of value to your life, just count the seconds of your life ebb away in your web of lies. Tick tock tick tock. Pathetic.

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:45 am

Chris Fegan wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:15 am
Mr Clissold is the one who originally called this Forum toxic" in a Board meeting all those years ago.
I'm pretty sure Chris did not post this to draw attention to the soundness of Julian's judgement. Still though.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:21 am

It would be wrong to judge a forum by the posts of one rather unusual individual, particularly when timestamped at 3.38 am.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am

NickFaulks wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:21 am
It would be wrong to judge a forum by the posts of one rather unusual individual, particularly when timestamped at 3.38 am.
I am working my way through the many reported posts recently which really is a fun start to the weekend :roll:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am
NickFaulks wrote:
I am working my way through the many reported posts recently which really is a fun start to the weekend :roll:
Only three weeks to go :roll:

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:57 am

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 am
Carl Hibbard wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am
NickFaulks wrote:
Only three weeks to go :roll:
Chris Goodall and Paul McKeown have I believe both taken enforced breaks from the forum and will do again if they do not get a grip.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Chris Goodall

Post by Chris Goodall » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:28 pm

It would never have crossed my mind to involve the moderators in a disagreement over facts. I like that this forum is not Twitter, and we don't just hit Report on every post made by our enemies. Thank you for your patience Carl.

Paul's LinkedIn profile is now private.
Donate to Sabrina's fundraiser at https://gofund.me/aeae42c7 to support victims of sexual abuse in the chess world.

Northumberland webmaster, Jesmond CC something-or-other. Views mine. Definitely below the Goodall Line.