Announcement of election of Direct Members’ Representatives Deadline tomorrow

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
John Reyes

Announcement of election of Direct Members’ Representatives Deadline tomorrow

Post by John Reyes » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Direct Members are invited to apply to be Direct Members’ Representatives. The term of office of current holders expires on 31 July 2020 but current holders are entitled to restand. For the purpose of the election of Representatives, Direct Members are grouped into the following five categories –

Honorary Life Vice Presidents, Honorary Life Members and Life Members
Gold Members and Gold Junior Members
Silver Members and Silver Junior Members
Bronze Members and Bronze Junior Members
Platinum Members
Each of these five categories is entitled to elect two Representatives. Applications are sought among the five categories. If there are more than two applications in any category, a first two past the post election will be held in that category in accordance with instructions to be issued by the Board.

Representatives are members of Council, must be Direct Members (but not necessarily in the category for which they are elected), and remain Direct Members throughout their period of office. All reasonable expenses incurred in acting as a Direct Members’ Representative will be reimbursed by the ECF.

To be eligible, applications must be received by the Chair of Council Email: [email protected] on or by Sunday 20th June 2021. Direct members may self-nominate and do not require any seconders. At this stage an election address need not be supplied. Should an election be required a period of a fortnight will then be allowed for this to be supplied and all election addresses will be posted on the website simultaneously.

Elections will be conducted by email from Wednesday 7th July to Sunday 25th July and results announced as soon as possible after this date.
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well

Richard Thursby

Re: Announcement of election of Direct Members’ Representatives Deadline tomorrow

Post by Richard Thursby » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 pm

John Reyes wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:26 pm
The term of office of current holders expires on 31 July 2020
Do I detect a copy/paste from a previous post, given that date is nearly eleven months ago?

NickFaulks

Re: Announcement of election of Direct Members’ Representatives Deadline tomorrow

Post by NickFaulks » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:00 pm

To be fair to John, it was a copy/paste from the ECF website.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:31 am

Oh dear! Indeed it was a copy and paste from last year with (missed) amendments
[Not that anyone has pointed it out before]

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:29 pm

thanks and i know that i have to write a election speech as i know that 3 people are standing as silver rep.

I hope to be re elected as i have been honest with the silver members and have always sent out either a joint or sole report to the members in my term as rep.

does anyone know if anyone is standing or not?
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well