Face transplants

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
isaac wallis

Face transplants

Post by isaac wallis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 pm

I see from photos in the latest 'Chess Moves' that Simon Williams has had a face transplant and now looks like Adam Hunt. Also Natasha Regan has had one and looks like Maria Yurenok.

Perhaps it's about time people working in chess who know nothing about the game or its players were removed from their posts.

Paul Buswell

Re: Face transplants

Post by Paul Buswell » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:37 am

Perhaps it is time to look at issues around employee education training and supervision rather than talk about depriving people of their livelihood.

PB

Nigel Short

Post by Nigel Short » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:36 am

The last time I called the ECF office I was met with "What did you say your name was?" I know I am not David Beckham but I thought at least the English Chess Federation might have an idea...
Last edited by Nigel Short on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:31 pm

"The last time I called the ECF office I was met with "What did you say your name was?" I am know I am not David Beckham but I thought at least the English Chess Federation might have an idea..."

Perhaps they were struck with awe that you had descended from Olympus to speak to them! But your first instinct is probably right...
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:41 pm

isaac wallis wrote:I see from photos in the latest 'Chess Moves' that Simon Williams has had a face transplant and now looks like Adam Hunt. Also Natasha Regan has had one and looks like Maria Yurenok.

Perhaps it's about time people working in chess who know nothing about the game or its players were removed from their posts.
I notice the ECF site now has an apology for the incorrect photos in Chess Moves on its homepage. Quite ironic that they got the name of the person who pointed it out wrong though :lol:

Gavin Strachan

Post by Gavin Strachan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Nigel's phone call transcript:
"Hi Nigel Short here,"
"Who?"
"Top British chess player, may have seen me on TV as a wee lad against some guy called Kasparov?"
"Hey Gerry, some geezer on the blower says he's Nigel Short....You've never heard of him either. We know of David Howell, and Mickey Adams. I've got a signed picture of Mickey on my desk. He's so handsome! Got John Nunn on speed dial and Ray Keene's IM."
"I can't believe you don't know who I am!"
"Sorry chuck. Are you enquiring to find out where your local club is?"
"GREECE!!!!"
"That's a great musical."

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Scarily plausible, that :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)