ECF website down?

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Carl Hibbard

Re: ECF website down?

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:12 pm

The main ECF site has returned to normal and is now back and working :)
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:07 am

The ECF website doesn't even mention "Manager of ICT" as a vacant post and there is little visible evidence that the post even existed.

Isn't it unsatisfactory that a holder can leave an office without even a brief report that the position is now vacant and that a key position can just be abolished without an announcement?

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 am

Perhaps John P. could confirm if this vacancy exists and why ECF history has, once more, been rewritten?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 am

Roger de Coverly wrote:The ECF website doesn't even mention "Manager of ICT" as a vacant post and there is little visible evidence that the post even existed.

Isn't it unsatisfactory that a holder can leave an office without even a brief report that the position is now vacant and that a key position can just be abolished without an announcement?
It was "agreed" that Duncan leaving would not be discussed (in the open...) outside of board members

I am not sure if the position still exists even though the CEO reports problems with filling the position so your guess is as good as mine :?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Philpott

Post by John Philpott » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 am

The post of Manager of ICT is referred to in the revised text of the Directors and Officers Responsibilities Regulations approved by the Board on 11 August which appears on the ECF website. I therefore believe that it still exists.

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39 am

John Philpott wrote:The post of Manager of ICT is referred to in the revised text of the Directors and Officers Responsibilities Regulations approved by the Board on 11 August which appears on the ECF website. I therefore believe that it still exists.
Do you know who carries out this role on a day to day basis and who does the blue sky thinking in the ECF Office?

I gather previous ICT Managers made regular trips to the office to change toner cartridges and move printer jam into jars amongst other tasks. Are these tasks being managed by the Office Manager these days?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D