ECF Fair Play Policy

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Ian Thompson

Re: ECF Fair Play Policy

Post by Ian Thompson » Thu May 28, 2020 4:24 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:00 pm
If you are banned by Chess.com (or Lichess) for alleged cheating, they will tell you that you need to confess your fault before they will readmit you.

Or you can simply open another account and Chess.com (or Lichess) will neither know nor care.
If you want a titled player account on chess.com they want proof that you are who you say you are. A banned titled player may be able to open a new anonymous account without registering their title, but they wouldn't be able to have a new titled player account.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Thu May 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:12 pm
David,
As I said earlier in the thread, titled players are treated somewhat differently, but for everyone else then yep that is essentially correct.
So if they ever set up events for titled arbiters, I shall have to be careful. Until then, I don't need to worry. :lol:

DavidWalker

Post by DavidWalker » Thu May 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Chess websites can use browser fingerprinting technology to attempt to identify users who create multiple accounts. The lichess privacy policy explicitly mentions "fingerprinting" as a way of identifying users who create multiple accounts. The chess.com privacy policy mentions that they capture "unique device identifiers", which is presumably a reference to this technology. The extent to which websites actually use this technology is unclear.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Thu May 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Does that have ramifications with GDPR?
Any postings on here represent my personal views