ECF Finance Meeting

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Mick Norris

Re: ECF Finance Meeting

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:42 pm

Angus French wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 pm
ECF- and 4NCL-organised online events which are ECF-rated require participants to be ECF Supporters or ECF Members but I think it's possible other events may not. (So far as I can see, no stipulations for the rating of online events are given on the membership pages of the ECF website.)
ECF support for moving online
For an event to be accepted for online rating in the ECF Online National list it must be played at one of the standard time controls (standard, rapid or blitz) with time odds / berserk mode not allowed so that both players have the same time allowance. In addition players must be required to observe the provider’s terms and conditions and fair play requirements.
All players must be ECF members or supporters for an event to be online rated without game fee charges. You can check a player’s membership status in LMS or in the ECF membership system in the organiser’s page on the web site when you are entering results. If you have non-members/ supporters playing the event or league can still be online rated but there will be a charge of £5 per non-member / supporter playing per congress, or per monthly rating period for a league, payable as a non-member game fee to the ECF. Any online game fees should be paid together with a template proforma invoice which should be completed as results are submitted
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Mick Norris wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:42 pm
Angus French wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 pm
ECF- and 4NCL-organised online events which are ECF-rated require participants to be ECF Supporters or ECF Members but I think it's possible other events may not. (So far as I can see, no stipulations for the rating of online events are given on the membership pages of the ECF website.)
ECF support for moving online
For an event to be accepted for online rating in the ECF Online National list it must be played at one of the standard time controls (standard, rapid or blitz) with time odds / berserk mode not allowed so that both players have the same time allowance. In addition players must be required to observe the provider’s terms and conditions and fair play requirements.
All players must be ECF members or supporters for an event to be online rated without game fee charges. You can check a player’s membership status in LMS or in the ECF membership system in the organiser’s page on the web site when you are entering results. If you have non-members/ supporters playing the event or league can still be online rated but there will be a charge of £5 per non-member / supporter playing per congress, or per monthly rating period for a league, payable as a non-member game fee to the ECF. Any online game fees should be paid together with a template proforma invoice which should be completed as results are submitted
Thanks Mick. Perhaps the above might also be reflected on the main membership page? Also, I don't recall it being put past Council. I wonder when it came in?

Is the following correct:
- in OTB rated competitions a non-member/non-supporter may play a number of free games but this isn't the case for online rated competitions;
- in OTB rated junior congresses the charge for non-members/non-supporters is £2.50 but in online rated junior congresses the charge is £5;
- in online rated leagues there's a charge of £5 for each month a non-member/non-supporter plays. So if the event lasts say four months the charge for a single non-member/non-supporter could be £20?

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:04 pm

Matt Mackenzie wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:34 pm
and most restrictions will surely be lifted as a result
I'm sure that SAGE have defences planned against that.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Rob, if same offer made before we renew that ought to help in lots of ways.
I hope to see you all OTB in autumn 2021.