Thread withdrawn

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Chris Goodall

Re: Complaint to ECF Board about CEO Mike Truran re. Development Officer appointment

Post by Chris Goodall » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Alan Kennedy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:43 pm
Alan Kennedy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:38 pm
My concern with all of this rancour is that chess administrators may be put off by the sheer amount of hassle it creates and just give up. Also, as the ECF has a complaints process i fail to see the need to air the issues in such detail until that process has at least finished. That would allow the rest of us to get on with the challenging business of developing chess both at our clubs and in the country!
I see Carl has resigned. It would appear that my coment was well founded. a gentle reminder that chess admin is a thankless task and it would be good if the complaint level was outweighted by the amount of praise given. it just means life for administrators slightly less unpleasant.
It would be good for administrators, but most administrators eventually flounce off in a huff regardless. It would be better for chess to have fewer heroes, more knowledge sharing, twice as many people doing half the work.
Donate to Sabrina's fundraiser at https://gofund.me/aeae42c7 to support victims of sexual abuse in the chess world.

Northumberland webmaster, Jesmond CC something-or-other. Views mine. Definitely below the Goodall Line.

Carl Hibbard

Re: Thread withdrawn

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:04 am

TimWall wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:58 pm
I would like to withdraw this message and close this thread. I have decided that in future I would like to communicate with my good friends and respected colleagues in the chess world in person, rather than via this forum.
I have closed this thread too.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard