Page 1 of 1
Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:11 am
by Paul Cooksey
I have just noticed a 4 game match kicks off tomorrow in Yancheng between these two great talents:
link for anyone who reads Chinese
I don't read Chinese so I have no idea who the sponsors are, but I'd like to thank them for an excellent match-up anyway.
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:08 am
by Steven DuCharme
muchas gracias and happy holidays
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:32 am
by John Moore
Oh err - it's China Brain Games Network!
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:21 am
by Mick Norris
Google Translate gives me White Snow Chess Cup
Game 1 in progress
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:37 pm
by Paul Cooksey
A good start
I enjoy these exhibition matches, and a good choice of players too.
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:52 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Er, in that game, what was wrong with 19...Nxf3+ and 20...Qxd2. Doesn't that just win a piece?
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Er, in that game, what was wrong with 19...Nxf3+ and 20...Qxd2.
Having asked the chessbomb Houdini, it appears that White's idea was to take on g7, forcing Rf8, following up with Rad1 and Nxd5. Black's King is stuck in the centre with a pair of Rooks gunning for it. The engine gives a line where Black returns the material for what looks a messy position with chances for both players.
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:28 pm
by AustinElliott
Second game to Rapport, apparently, so now one-all, with White winning both times.
Re: Rapport vs. Wei Yi
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:52 am
by Paul Cooksey