Page 1 of 1

I hate GM blitz blunders being reported

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:52 am
by Joshua Gibbs
Does anyone else hate GM blitz blunders being over reported as much as me?
https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... litz/4/1/3

Cant the people writing it see that GMs train for real chess??

I hate this facet of chess journalism, does anyone else agree?

Re: I hate GM blitz blunders being reported

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am
by LawrenceCooper
Joshua Gibbs wrote:Does anyone else hate GM blitz blunders being over reported as much as me?
https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tourn ... litz/4/1/3

Cant the people writing it see that GMs train for real chess??

I hate this facet of chess journalism, does anyone else agree?
Absolutely, you'd never catch me doing it :oops:
http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 76#p189045

Re: I hate GM blitz blunders being reported

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:35 pm
by Jonathan Rogers
I think it is reported in order to make the rest of the world feel a bit better about their own play. Since it is after all blitz, it ought not to upset the players concerned too much?