Page 1 of 4
The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:14 pm
by Niall Doran
The following message has appeared on their blog:
"GOODBYE AND THANKS
This blog has ceased publication. The entry for Friday 11 March 2016 was our final posting.
Thanks to everybody who read, wrote for and commented on the blog during the nine and a half years of its existence.
It's been a pleasure."
A part of me hopes it's someone attacking their site to wind them up, but I suppose all good things must come to an end. I can only imagine the amount of work that went into the articles and can imagine that everyone involved wants to move onto other things.
Thanks to all at S&BCB for the great articles over the years!
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 pm
by Carl Hibbard
I don't see that?
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:49 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard wrote:I don't see that?
Ah left panel an unexpected one.
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:51 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Carl Hibbard wrote:I don't see that?
It's on the left, under the heading "GOODBYE AND THANKS".
In retrospect, the titles of Thursday's piece "To retirement" and Friday's "Openings and Endings" might have been a clue.
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:01 pm
by Brian Towers
Don't tell me they've been sued by Agon!
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm
by Mick Norris
Brian Towers wrote:Don't tell me they've been sued by Agon!
You probably want to look at Twitter
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:44 pm
by NickFaulks
Mick Norris wrote:
You probably want to look at Twitter
I hope we can be assured that claims of posts here being edited at the demand of parties related to Agon are entirely baseless.
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm
by Andrew Murray-Watson
NickFaulks wrote:Mick Norris wrote:
You probably want to look at Twitter
I hope we can be assured that claims of posts here being edited at the demand of parties related to Agon are entirely baseless.
If I may jump into this thread with both feet, I happen to live in Brixton - have done for 12 years.
Sorry.... (goes away again)
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:56 pm
by Michael Farthing
Local turf war?

Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:00 pm
by Carl Hibbard
NickFaulks wrote:Mick Norris wrote:
You probably want to look at Twitter
I hope we can be assured that claims of posts here being edited at the demand of parties related to Agon are entirely baseless.
No idea give me a clue?
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 pm
by NickFaulks
@Berlin_Endgame.
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:17 pm
by Alex Holowczak
NickFaulks wrote:@Berlin_Endgame.
I don't think Twitter lends itself to lengthy stories across multiple tweets. It would be much better suited to a blo- oh.

Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 pm
by Carl Hibbard
NickFaulks wrote:@Berlin_Endgame.
Yes seen that a one line moderation after a complaint feel free to have a gander.
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:33 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
Great shame if confirmed.
Re: The Streatham & Brixton Chess Blog
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:37 pm
by Michael Mkpadi
Nigel Short, Raymond Keene, Susan Polgar will be rejoicing though not in unison. It is a sad day for chess journalism. First Agon destroy any chance of commenting on top flight games and then our top commentators at SBCB take flight.