Page 1 of 1

Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:53 am
by Ian Wallis
Has anyone else noticed this?

In the last 24 hours on the Chessbase website when trying to play through games a message appears alongside the board (where the moves normally appear) 'You must have JavaScript enabled to replay this game'

I have checked to make sure that I hadn't inadvertently changed any of my settings in Java but they all appear normal.
I've even downloaded the latest version from Java website just in case.
Have also switched the machine off and switched it back on again!! :)

I normally use Chrome but the same message appears in Internet Explorer, I haven't checked any other web browsers.

I've tried accessing with a different lap top with the same results.

So have come to the conclusion it is a Chessbase problem.

Anyone got any bright ideas? :?

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:57 am
by Carl Hibbard
Ian Wallis wrote:So have come to the conclusion it is a Chessbase problem.
It is them yes.

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:40 pm
by Matt Mackenzie
I can play through the games, but the normal figurines (in the game moves, but not variations) have been replaced by weird squiggles :?:

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:08 pm
by Tim Harding
Matt Mackenzie wrote:I can play through the games, but the normal figurines (in the game moves, but not variations) have been replaced by weird squiggles :?:
As of 4pm I see no problem (Windows 8.1, Chrome) so presumably they have fixed it. Perhaps something went wrong with a Javascript CSS file.

I don't think re-installing Java has any effect on Javascript which is something different.

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:11 pm
by Mike Truran
Still doesn't work for me.

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:15 pm
by Mike Truran
PS Current website response times seem to almost as slow as the ECF website's were until this morning.

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Tim Harding wrote:
Matt Mackenzie wrote:As of 4pm I see no problem (Windows 8.1, Chrome) so presumably they have fixed it. Perhaps something went wrong with a Javascript CSS file.
It looks fine here now in Safari on OS X.

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:22 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Mike Truran wrote:PS Current website response times seem to almost as slow as the ECF website's were until this morning.
Here :?:

Re: Problems with viewing games on Chessbase

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:12 am
by Mats Winther
JavaScript is entirely different than Java. You don't need Java to run JavaScript. I have Chrome with JavaScript enabled. I checked it right now, and the games at the ChessBase site work fine for me. /Mats